• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Chris Matthews doing time?

swampbuck

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2012
Mississippi
I almost lost a Remington Model 7 to him a while back but I work for the department of corrections and a few phone calls to the ATF and US Marshalls got my rifle back. He charged me double what I was quoted but I was glad to be only overcharged about $300. It was a rifle that my dad gave me on my 16th birthday.

Just hopeing he is doing time somewhere and if not at least broke in a gutter.

Re: Is Chris Matthews doing time?

+1 What are you talking about?

I dont know if he is doing time, But he is not gunsmithing anymore at least that I know of. I freind of mine bought all his tooling so that pretty much signaled the end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swampbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I almost lost a Remington Model 7 to him a while back but I work for the department of corrections and a few phone calls to the ATF and US Marshalls got my rifle back. He charged me double what I was quoted but I was glad to be only overcharged about $300. It was a rifle that my dad gave me on my 16th birthday.

Just hopeing he is doing time somewhere and if not at least broke in a gutter. </div></div>

I don't know Chris Matthews or the situation but I call your post chicken shit!

Seems like with your name dropped law enforcement agency connections that if you really wanted to know you would not have voiced your displeasure in such a way.

You right I could find out other ways but it would be easier to find out from guys on here. George and several other members who have been around for a while know exactly what I am talking about. If you don't a little reading would fill you in.

I stand behind what I said in regards to your statement "he is doing time somewhere and if not at least broke in a gutter".

Well at least now you know what we are talking about, and what your comments are in reguard to. Perhaps my post wasn't in good taste. But what goes around comes around. If you got screwed you probably wouldn't think it was chicken shit. Alot of guys in the hide lost a lot of parts and money. And I'm sure a few of them wonder how it all ended.

I did a Missouri DOC search and did not find him. But if he is under ATF or county lock up it is more difficult.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your right. I have no business in your post.

Continue your trolling.</div></div>

And stop yours, if you don't know anything about the person or situation then STFU and move on.

WTF? I'd be pissed too, what's chicken shit is some asshole ripping off customers!

AS far as I know he is not doing time; he is under investigation, but that may or may not come to anything.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2898825

I keep this thread updated every few weeks. I have not heard from the local PD lately. Given how many folks I have referred to them directly they need to do something, and sooner would be better than later.

Jeffvn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your right. I have no business in your post.

Continue your trolling. </div></div>

Irony in this is ridiculous. Way to try and be a big man on campus and cut off this guys topic.

Hope the guy gets what he deserves, anyone who tries to wrongly do someone is garbage in my book.

Irony? Not sure it fits this situation.

For the record I was not trying to "cut off this guys topic".

Again for the record I think the Ops post was and is "chicken shit" for him post this topic in this way and once more for the record I still do.

That being said it was wrong of me to call him out and in retrospect if this is the place to wish people to jail or into the gutter the forum header should be changed.

I put my two cents in and you don't agree CleanMoostang that is your right in this public forum to shoot your mouth off just as I did.

If Chris Matthews did wrong then he deserves what he gets.
I still don't believe the rifles & gunsmithing forums are the place to be trolling around for such information and I stand behind that.
What does it gain? Does the Ops post get anybody's parts, rifles, money or time back?
It would have been different if the Op was looking for information to try and track the guy down to resolve issues or needed assistance.

The post does no one any good and brings us all down a level.
I am sure the Op has great frustration with Chris Matthews and it is warranted but he got his rifle back after jumping through some hoops and he states that he was over charged, yeah it would make me mad too but it is not something that we all have not been through in one form or another.

Flame On, I am sure it is coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mclevela=dbag </div></div>

Coming from a champion car detail-er as yourself JWV that really hurts.
Do you run the vacuum or just clean windows?

Really is that your best? Surely you can come up with something a bit more witty more deserving of your mediocre attempt at becoming a graduate from a school of higher learning.

I give up JWV you are just to good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Irony? Not sure it fits this situation.

Again for the record I think the Ops post was and is "chicken shit" for him post this topic in this way and once more for the record I still do.

That being said it was wrong of me to call him out and in retrospect if this is the place to wish people to jail or into the gutter the forum header should be changed.

I put my two cents in and you don't agree CleanMoostang that is your right in this public forum to shoot your mouth off just as I did.

I still don't believe the rifles & gunsmithing forums are the place to be trolling around for such information and I stand behind that.
What does it gain? Does the Ops post get anybody's parts, rifles, money or time back?
It would have been different if the Op was looking for information to try and track the guy down to resolve issues or needed assistance.

I am sure the Op has great frustration with Chris Matthews and it is warranted but he got his rifle back after jumping through some hoops and he states that he was over charged, yeah it would make me mad too but it is not something that we all have not been through in one form or another.

</div></div>

I think you could have left the topic alone if you don't like it. Pretty easy to just move right along. This is an opinion based forum and you got the OP's opinion. Mike made it pretty clear to you. If you were out the coin that most of the guys are with Matthews, I am quite sure you would be pissed off as well.

Leave it at that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Irony? Not sure it fits this situation.

</div></div>

I think you could have left the topic alone if you don't like it. Pretty easy to just move right along. This is an opinion based forum and you got the OP's opinion. Mike made it pretty clear to you. If you were out the coin that most of the guys are with Matthews, I am quite sure you would be pissed off as well.

Leave it at that. </div></div>

^This.

Its definitely not the first time someone has posted about a deal going bad and/or calling out the name of the individual of the bad transaction, and I hope its not the last. If this guy would have done business with him, and went sour, THEN learnt that it had happened several times before and no one had given warning, he would piss himself.

This isn't a Facebook call out, in my opinion its needed and helpful information for other members to know who and who not to do business with due to prior circumstances....

I can see the distaste for calling someone out then wishing them bodily harm, that may have been over the line. But, wishing them legal trouble for committing a crime is not out of line at all.

Calling someone's posts chicken shit.... is unneeded when you don't know the circumstances of the deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mclevela=dbag </div></div>

Coming from a champion car detailer as yourself<span style="color: #CC0000">,</span> JWV<span style="color: #CC0000">,</span> that really hurts.
Do you run the vacuum or just clean windows?

Really<span style="color: #CC0000">,</span> is that your best? Surely you can come up with something a bit more witty<span style="color: #CC0000">,</span> more deserving of your mediocre attempt at becoming a graduate from a school of higher learning.

I give up<span style="color: #CC0000">,</span> JWV<span style="color: #CC0000">,</span> you are just to<span style="color: #CC0000">o</span> good. </div></div>

Since you were calling out one's education, I thought I would fix a few of your errors for you.

I think that it is amusing that a person who had no stake in this has successfully turned the tread against himself and his own character.

You must watch a lot of those reality shows. You're very good at it.

What I learned from this thread;
1) its not the msnbc Chris Matthews
2) a handful of you enjoy wasting your time arguing and flaming

Thanks.

No ne wished bodily harm on him KYS338. When I said broke and in a gutter. I meant financially. I wasn't refering to his knees.

This has been arf.com for a while. The high and mighty sh has once again fallen into disrepute.

The defenders are just as bad as the aggressors. Can yall get back to discussing "which gun should I get for shtf" please? At least those are interesting when all the wadded panny wearers start crying.

I am lucky not to have a horse in the Matthews race. Had several shooting friends get hurt real bad from other forums. I am sticking with Hide. Never had a problem with this bunch, love being kept informed. Accurate Shooter had a scammer last month that was rooted out

so what yer saying is I should be concerned about my rifle I dropped off to a guy at the gas station in Garden City MO?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been arf.com for a while. The high and mighty sh has once again fallen into disrepute.

The defenders are just as bad as the aggressors. Can yall get back to discussing "which gun should I get for shtf" please? At least those are interesting when all the wadded panny wearers start crying. </div></div>

If you don't like it here.... find the "log out" button and your cured.

I appreciate getting the heads up on a bad gunsmith. This is exactly the place for such things IMO. This thread will probably save people time, money, and grief. If someone STOLE money from me I would be after their ass.

Now BOTH Chris Mathews are bad. Trickle down leg havin' ninnies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been arf.com for a while. The high and mighty sh has once again fallen into disrepute.

The defenders are just as bad as the aggressors. Can yall get back to discussing "which gun should I get for shtf" please? At least those are interesting when all the wadded panny wearers start crying. </div></div>

If you don't like it here.... find the "log out" button and your cured. </div></div>

Need to remove the top posters section and add in best advice givers, you would rock it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CleanMoostang</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been arf.com for a while. The high and mighty sh has once again fallen into disrepute.

If you don't like it here.... find the "log out" button and your cured. </div></div>

Need to remove the top posters section and add in best advice givers, you would rock it. </div></div>

I don't even look at that thing. I just try to pass along the info I have. Some people just cant put sense to anything....

I heard he's been hanging out with Jeff Hicks.

CHRIS