• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is FAA "Diversity and Inclusion" hiring causing staffing shortages throughout the USA Air Traffic Control system.?

mikeinfwa

Que Chimba
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2002
Jacksonville FL
I saw the headline today the Buttigieg is targeting the airlines for the cancellations and chaos in the airline service towards passengers.

Reminded me of a discussion recently I had with a retired Air Traffic Controller.

The short version is:

Historically the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) hired the best applicants to enter the ATC training pipeline. Giving hiring preference to graduates of the accredited college/universities.

However, as the demographic data of the ATC staff were predominately white men, the woke idiots in the Swamp decided this was not fair to minorities.
These accredited schools were deemed as giving unfair advantage to those in the 'privileged class".

The policy was changed to give preference to biographical data instead of skills when racking and stacking applicants for entering the FAA Air Traffic Controller Training pipeline.

The results were predictable.

The washout rates skyrocketed at the FAA ATC training center.

The Air Traffic Controllers are understaffed throughout the USA as age 56 mandatory retirement depletes the ranks and the pipeline is not training qualified replacements.

I have personally experienced Jacksonville Center Staffing Issues many times. Flights into JAX airspace are restricted/reduced to very low levels causing airlines to cancel/delay hundreds of flights These cancellations/delays are NOT caused by thunderstorms or bad weather BUT instead caused by lack of qualified controllers at the radar screens.

Another clusterfuck thanks to the woke brigade.

Maybe after the Red wave removes many of the Marxists from the US Congress this fall, a hearing can be held to expose the FAA hiring practices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Not to worry, the FAA will always have plenty of staff to handle the private jets of the billionairs and the gov jets of politicians.

The plebs? Wait your turn. You may travel only with your masters permission.

Sad but true, and just an example of many (like our VP and most recent SCOTUS justice) of the ramifications of hiring based on sex and especially race.
Like you, I am praying every day for a giant red wave to wash away much of what has happened since the Demoncrats successfully stole the 2020 elections.

• Haha
Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
My little sister ( who was VERY smart and could multi-task like a mofo ) was an ATC for a few years. She said it was the hardest job she'd ever had. She was amazed that people could physically and mentally last for 20 years in that job ( at a major airport ). She said it's not for the weak.

I'm all for diversity as long as they don't lower the standards.

Reactions: diverdon