• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is GAP doing Barrel Work for guys that just need an AR pipe?

DavidAR10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2010
Dallas, Georgia
I was just informed, on another forum, that GAP was doing a caliber conversion

for his MWS and that GAP told him that they were back to providing pipe

to those that needed it because it was quick-turn work.

Hope he is correct.

Thanx.

Last edited:
I had GAP put a new barrel on a Sako action for me earlier this year. Not sure about gas guns, but they did do a barrel swap on a bolt action.

Last edited:
Not sure about brands outside of GAP/POF but I did call GAP a few weeks ago and they quoted me a price to swap out my P308 barrel but said they would have to change gas system as well.

GAP will do barrels for AR's and even repair other peoples shit when they fuck up the crown and threads, lol.. :rolleyes:

When I checked with them about doing an upper earlier this year Ken said they weren't taking any non-GAP10 work for the foreseeable future. Best bet is to shoot them an email and see if that has changed, as they just offloaded a ton of GAP 10s and their workload may have lightened up enough.

Just shoot a PM to [MENTION=44375]KLin[/MENTION] or [MENTION=393]A10XRIFLE[/MENTION], they're both very responsive to messages unless they're out of town killing things. Which is much more often than me and I'm jealous!

Why yes. Yes they are.

Hi David,

We have started allowing re-barrels through the shop again. Here is some information pertaining to the service we are providing.

​The barrel we use is a GAP #6 barrel. This barrel is a modified, 1.5" longer shank, Bartlein #13 contour. This is the only contour we machine for the AR platform. Lead time for something like this would be as follows:

For a barrel only with your parts: 2 months

For a complete upper, customer supplies all parts: 4 months

If you provide the complete kits for the upper an installation package looks like this:

AR10 style barrel cut from Bartlein Stainless Match grade blank(GAP#6/GAP 10 contour), includes barrel extension(Armalite) head spaced to your bolt: $684.00

MK12 Style Gas block: $58.00

Gas tube: $14.00

Cerakote Barrel and gas block: $50.00

Complete upper cerakoted and assembled: $275.00

Disassembly/ Assembly on upper receiver/ hand-guard: $75.00

Due to my current workload, please allow me 4 days to respond to your inquiries. If this is urgent, please feel free to call the office and leave a message. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Dustin M. Lassiter
G.A. Precision

1141 Swift Street
North Kansas City, MO

Contact Information:
Phone Number: (816) 221-1844 EXT 6
Fax Number: (816) 421-4160
Home - GA Precision