• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it Just Me That Roasts His Own Coffee

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
I have been roasting my own green beans now for over 20 years. I was thinking the other evening, while roasting a batch of Costa Rican Tarazu and loading some .300 BO, that damn!!! This roasting hobby has saved me a shit load of money. I am currently using a Behmor Roaster, and am on my second one in about 8 years. Damned goood roaster. Durability is there if you clean her out once a year. Anyone else here roasting their own beans?

Must smell great!!
Two of my favorites are coffee roasting or a nice walk-In Humidor.

I really don’t think equipping up and roasting my own coffee is going to save me money over a 2.5 lbs tub of Folgers for $12 and lasts me three weeks at two pots a day.

Then again, I swill coffee and savor bourbon, my priorities may be different than others.

Reactions: krw and Aftermath
Any recommendations for a starter roaster and source of green coffee?

Nah there are lots of douchebags out there....I keed , I keed.....

The behmor is pretty good. Happy Mug in Erie is a great source for green beans. Homeroaster.org has every answer to your questions

Nothing better than roasting a batch of coffee while smoking a 10 year old Cohiba Lancero...:p
Or a 5 month old splint while sipping some of that coffee a cat shit out that tastes exakly like a cat shit it out.

I am on my second Behmor Roaster. IMHO, they make the easiest to use and the most robust roaster on the market. As far as green beans go, I use Roastmasters.com

I really don’t think equipping up and roasting my own coffee is going to save me money over a 2.5 lbs tub of Folgers for $12 and lasts me three weeks at two pots a day.

Then again, I swill coffee and savor bourbon, my priorities may be different than others.
On the cold days I like a shot of bourbon in my coffee. win/win.

I tried feeding the cats in the area fresh coffee beans to see if we could cultivate our own Kopi luwak enough to say it did not work maybe you really do need those special Asian palm civet .
1671901297351.png

cause the neighborhood kitties really did not want to eat the coffee beans .
lol

• Haha
Reactions: 918v and mikeinfwa
I tried feeding the cats in the area fresh coffee beans to see if we could cultivate our own Kopi luwak enough to say it did not work maybe you really do need those special Asian palm civet .
View attachment 8029168
cause the neighborhood kitties really did not want to eat the coffee beans .
lol
Hmmmm what about the 2 girls one cup of coffee method?

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner