• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it live or is it Memorex? Is it Kabul or is it Chicago?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I was always a Maxell kinda guy.

JBL.jpg

The hell is high fidelity tape?
    Almost all recordings, except direct to disc, start on tape then get transferred to either vinyl, in the day 8 track or cassette, now CD. IMHO even a well done cassette has a better sound than digital though digital is improving. The original 1/2 inch tape are the gold standard, but you cant buy them so the best consumer's can get is 1/4 inch reel to reel. Some of those go for big $$$.

Almost all recordings, except direct to disc, start on tape then get transferred to either vinyl, in the day 8 track or cassette, now CD. IMHO even a well done cassette has a better sound than digital though digital is improving. The original 1/2 inch tape are the gold standard, but you cant buy them so the best consumer's can get is 1/4 inch reel to reel. Some of those go for big $$$.
    FBI has all the 1/2 tape machines.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Sometimes you just need to switch on the BS meter especially when dealing with fake news, single source story launched from an outlet run by Murdoch(News Corp.) and the CIA (Voice of America), that is just uncritically repeated through the MSM , and even they changed the story to 2 dead and 9 injured or so.
    Its one of them stories,like execution by a pack of hungry dogs or antiaircraft cannon out of North Korea. There is fake news and then there is fake news by pure propaganda outlets. Expect to be hearing a bunch of it now, humiliation was just too great , to forget about the inconsequential shit going on in Afghanistan and move on.

Kabul needs to up its game it wants to run with Chicago
    2021-09-05_13h34_00.png

Last edited:
    Seeing long ribbons of cassette tape fluttering along the side of the road at intersections where people tossed out a dragging, sun ruined 8 track was a common sight in the 70's and eighties. I tossed a few myself. They have been replace by panhandlers.

I still collect SACDs and DVDAs.

I dabbled a little bit with vinyl and tube amps, but they just didn’t do it for me.

Never messed with tape all. Good to know though.

Sh#t, back in the day, my buddies and I use to record stuff on reel-to-reels/cassette tapes. Now, you can record/download straight to a F'n T.D./ISB card. Hell, don't forget the "floppy's". Man, how times have changed. Mac
    It's in the same category as four-barrels, dual exhuast and four-on-the-floor. Ask your dad.

Reactions: Maggot
    Sh#t, back in the day, my buddies and I use to record stuff on reel-to-reels/cassette tapes. Now, you can record/download straight to a F'n T.D./ISB card. Hell, don't forget the "floppy's". Man, how times have changed. Mac

Yeah, but I tend to agree with Maggot. Miss my 10" reel-to-reel. I really miss vinyl. It seems to be making a modest comeback, though.