• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Is it possible to add an adjustable cheek riser to a manners carbon fiber stock?

goneballistic

Village Idiot
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
Utah
I got a CZ 457 Precision Trainer in the manners carbon stock. it's very light, and very comfortable, but I really want an adjustable cheek riser.

I see several companies that sell hardward to install one of these. It looks like you'd use a fine saw to cut the cheek riser shape out of the main stock. I am assuming I'd then need to inlet the bottom half of the stock for the hardware, drill a hole in the side for the lock/tensioning screw, and installed the"pillars" into the cheek piece.

My question is about the nature of these stocks, they are a shell, with I assume foam filling. Which means sealing the bottom half of the now open stock with probably devcon or expoxy/carbon fiber, and probably capping the cut off cheek piece with carbon fiber or even just a thin layer of solid epoxy, when bedding the two pillars that extend down into the stock.

is this doable or am I stuck with one of the Kydex wrap over cheek risers that use two cross drilled bolts in the stock?

cz 457.jpeg

still thinking about adding a adjustable cheek piece and the an adjustable butstock to my457 varmint mtr so its more like the at one .just in wood not plastic sort of like this :

someone told me you can also just ship it to manners and they'll add one. I'm going to call them as soon as I get a chance.

OK... evidently he no longer uses his "StockDoc" member profile. Thanks!

1911, I'm still at it. The stockdoc handle was with the original hide site and when they changed to the last hide my handle somehow got changed to jeducos. Anyway, I'm still doing installs and other custom work.

Pm me for information.