• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

is it possible to have a 243 in an AR

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
I know that guys are making 243 in an AR10 platform. What I am wondering is if they are reliable. I have read some posts that they had an issue of jamming. If these are not working i will be looking into the 243wssm (heard hard to load for).

I want to buy or build a coyote rifle. I live in wide open and have opportunities from 5ft to 1000ards. Right now I shoot a bolt action suppressed 243. It’s a great rifle except for when I have multiples come in and need the second and third shots fast.

Anyone building these or what parts do I need? I want a rifle that will shoot ¾ MOA
8lb rifle without scope
20-24inch 8twist barrel med weight
1-2lb trigger that breaks like glass-single stage if possible

Re: is it possible to have a 243 in an AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xp100man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rock River Arms makes one. I have there 26" Varmint and it shoots great. </div></div>Rock River and I also think I have seen DPMS ads that also advertise a .243 as well.
confused.gif

guy i know that they can be built. im wondering if anyone has first hand experiance with them.

AI used to have a dpms 243 shot great, it did dent some of the cases upon ejection but overall a good shooter. I would reccommend an armalite ar10t in 260 but they make it in 243 also

The .243 in an Armalite was probably the first non .308 ar10 put out on a production line. Been around awhile now.

I wouldn't even consider the .243 WSSM.

8 lbs isn't going to be easy with a .243 with a long barrel.

I'd honestly consider a 6.5 Grendel were I in your situation.

I have an R25 Remington n with my hand loads it shoots .5" at 100. Some box ammo is .75. Is that good enough? Mine is dependable as hell. Had it 3yrs.