• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is it worth $1100 to convert to Mil/Mil?

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
I have a IOR 2.5-10 with MP-8 recticle.

It seems like a good scope (I hear rumors about quality issues for the internals)

If I upgrade to a USO 1.8-10 to get Mil/Mil it seems like it is going to cost about $1100 more to do so. Of course I am getting a better scope along with it.

So, is it worth the extra money to get a scope with better internals and Mil/Mil? (Not as worried about the glass as the IOR seems great)

I have 4 guns I shoot quite a bit so if I did it for all of them it would be $5500 total. That means I would be selling guns to do it.

Re: Is it worth $1100 to convert to Mil/Mil?

I would start saving a few bucks and get one and go from there. I'd say no to the Mil/Mil (as a have to), but yes to matching turrets and reticle. That depends on what you and friends run for scopes. Matching is pretty sweet, everyone should try it and see.

Do you have another scope you could sell? I'd say it's not worth it to go from the IOR to a USO. I have mil/mil for my GAP and IOR 1,5x8-26 for my AR. I'd standardize on mil/mil for my best long-range guns first.

Barring the Loopy on my .50 (that I rarely shoot), I've switched everything to mil/mil...

I decided to switch to mils at first b/c my buddy I shot with all the time had a S&B mil/mil scope, and I had just bought a Horus scope. After shooting and "talking" in mils with my bro, and using the Horus, I just decided it was easier to keep everything same/same. Less confusion.

I now love mils, and have no desire to go back to scopes that adjust in MOA.