• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it worth it?

HunterH

K9
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2012
Alabaster AL
I have a remington 700 LTR. Will it be worth the money to have the action trued? How much should i expect to spend on that? Where would you send it to have it done?

Re: Is it worth it?

Look at the accurizing package that Mark at Short Action Customs does. It's called the SPS package. It would offer a lot of bang for the buck.

it does about a inch and a half to a inch and a 3/4 group in a caldwell lead sled vise. I will prolly send it to short action customs. They have great pricing and seem to do good work

My LTR generally shoots like this with a load I worked up. I'm not truing or changing barrels until the barrel is burned up. These are 5 shot groups @ 100 yds.

OK, I think I got this picture thing figured out...LOL

Gene308_100_060511.jpg

Gene_308_100_060411.jpg

The sad thing with factory barrels is the manufacturers will run the tooling to death and still put those barrels out. Action tuning would be great if you're going to get a custom barrel also - IMO. Cheap solution - get it re-crowned. I usually do with any factory rifle and see a big improvement.

i had the action trued on my 700 and a new barrel put on and restocked. i absolutely love how it feels now. My 700 would have 3 shots on target but they were not in the same hole or even being close. Since truing and the Kreiger i can put 5 shots in the same hole. its worth it imo.