• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it worth it?

JW21

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2013
northern CA
So I've got a AR, it's a 16 inch delton upper 1-9 twist, and a lower that was built by me using a stock lpk. It's a good shooter, but by no means a precison rifle.
That said whats the hides opinion on doing ocw load developement for this rifle vs loading a few rounds in different charges, and shooting whats most accurate ( given that it's a safe load). I do want to do some coyote hunting with this rig, but it's mainly a plinker. Any opinions welcome.

Either of the 2 ways you mentioned will get you better ammo for your gun. I am not a precision shooter by any means, but so far I haven't failed to find a good load for any AR I've worked with. My old mini14, on the other hand, was beyond help. I've always just used your second method.

I have some really cheap POS AR's and I have some good Ar's. Every AR I own will do 1 MOA at 100 yds with the proper ammo loaded for that gun. AR's are just accurate and will surprise you what they are capable of right out of the box.

It would depend on what ammo is currently costing you and the accuracy you can obtain with that ammo weighted against the value of your time... When I started reloading 20 rounds of blasting ammo were about 3-4 bucks and the brass was good for reloading... My time was more valuable, plus the cost was about even. If I was after the best precision possible from the rifle, reloading was the only way to obtain it.