• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is Scope List a merchant, or a marketplace

longshot2000

Sniper's Hide Dealer: CHARLIE'S
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2017
    Northern VA
    charliescustomclones.com
    I just saw some scopes show-up on scopelist.com, and the same also are listed on Euro Optic. I read a few other posts here, and maybe I am slow. I thought these guys were a merchant, but now thinking they are marketplace, listing everyone else's scopes? If the latter, for whom do they list beside Euro Optic? I have tried their "make me an offer" in the past, and got a return call with an offer that was the same as the listing, but I have read about better offers.. ?

I just saw some scopes show-up on scopelist.com, and the same also are listed on Euro Optic. I read a few other posts here, and maybe I am slow. I thought these guys were a merchant, but now thinking they are marketplace, listing everyone else's scopes? If the latter, for whom do they list beside Euro Optic? I have tried their "make me an offer" in the past, and got a return call with an offer that was the same as the listing, but I have read about better offers.. ?

Keep in mind, just because you have read about better offers doesnt mean that they exist or happen. I saw a guy on Facebook last week telling everyone he could buy gen 2 4.5-27's for 1100 bucks all day long, so they guy listing his use 4.5-27 for 1800 with rings was crazy.

Scope list is europtic, they share the same address at least.

They advertise up to 20% off, so you make an offer and they email you back accepting or countering it. During the bushnell craze I called a bunch of vendors to get prices on hide pricing on a lrts. Eurooptic said they could only offer 5% as it was a hot seller. I went on scope list, proposed the 20%, they countered with 10% and I accepted as it was 2x the discount I was getting elsewhere.

So Im not sure on how intricately intertwined they two operations are but they appear to be a front and back door operation?

Reactions: WT1
    I have used the "Make Offer" with Scopelist 4 times now. I got my Gen II Razor 1-6x, Bushnell 3-12x LRTSi, Kestrel 5700 Elite, and a rail for my AI. They can be a bit pushy when they call you but I have saved a lot of money with them.

I've bought a couple of Steiner T5Xis from Scopelist and both shipped from Europtic. One was a blem model and the other a refurb. Didn't understand the connection until seeing this thread.

Marketing penetration & Google KW strategies. Here's a hint that reveals the obvious: Google Scopelist return policy mailing address, then Google that address. What company comes up?

Thus far, I haven't had much luck with scope list/eurooptic.

For the items I've wanted, their listed price was always higher than many other sites, so their perspective discounts were not as good. Granted, when it comes to large retailers, I push for the biggest discount/lowest price I can get. So I never end up going with the same vendor every time, as each one can do different things on different products at different times. However, I've never had scope list or euro come close to anything I wanted at a given time.

I admittingly take a hard line with scope list. I always offer 20% less than they are advertising and won't settle for anything less. They advertised it, so that's what I go with ( I know it says up to ). I've made probably 10 offers, all at exactly 20% lower than their advertised price, and they have never even come close to the 20% on a counter offer.

I have had good luck with optics planet (with their vip discount and a 13% code, they had USO B-10's for about $1399, I should have jumped on that, as they have raised the pricing already), and with Sport Optics.

I'm sure I'll keep trying scope list, but until I actually get something worthwhile at 20%, I won't hold my breath.

(full disclosure, I qualify for mil/le, so the brands like Leupold and Vortex that offer substantial discounts, I typically don't look at on most retail sites as they can't match the price, or if they do, they won't discount any further, which is perfectly understandable. So this absolutely skews my experiences)

My recent purchase purchase through ScopeList went sent via UPS listed the send as EuroOptic LTD.

I dealt with Tyler on a price match from OpticsPlanet. He beat optics planet so I placed the order. After my order, someone from SH contacted me and asked where I got the price and I referred him to Tyler who then emailed me back and offered a $25 refferal bonus (which I split with the SH member) While in shipping a better price popped up and a match refund was taken care of in hours. Finally, I had an issue with the shipment needing to be held at my local UPS depot for pickup. Tyler responded to my email in a matter of minutes taking of the hold.

So, yes they are in some way affiliated with EuroOptic... I would guess most of the "make an offer" is really just for your contact info for a sales call / email... That being said after my most recent buying experience they will be the first place I look when I buy next

Last edited:
    Reactions: Codiekfx400
    I have bought scopes, one rifle, and a couple Manners stocks from EuroOptics they are great always ship same day or very next day they are my go to for high end scopes. They were $800 cheaper on my new S&B PMII PSR scope than anywhere else.

OLD POST.. Hopefully you guys don't mind me jumping in.

I put an offer on a Tangent Theta Model TT525P Professional Marksman 5-25x56mm Illuminated Rifle Scopes 34mm 28mrad .1 mrad adj. Gen 3 XR reticle 800100-0006

SCOPELIST.com made me a good offer and I am about to preorder one.

Is the site legit? They are asking for down payment upfront. I just don't want to make a mistake...

OLD POST.. Hopefully you guys don't mind me jumping in.

I put an offer on a Tangent Theta Model TT525P Professional Marksman 5-25x56mm Illuminated Rifle Scopes 34mm 28mrad .1 mrad adj. Gen 3 XR reticle 800100-0006

SCOPELIST.com made me a good offer and I am about to preorder one.

Is the site legit? They are asking for down payment upfront. I just don't want to make a mistake...

Scopelist is legit, as others have stated above. Did you call CSTactical to see how their pricing compares? Since CSTactical is a hide vendor, it's nice to support them when you can. You will not find better customer service than they offer.

Scopelist is legit, as others have stated above. Did you call CSTactical to see how their pricing compares? Since CSTactical is a hide vendor, it's nice to support them when you can. You will not find better customer service than they offer.

I will go ahead and contact CSTactical, But I really doub it he will match scopelist price.... I will send them a PM and I would be glad to go with them

one of the things to do would be to pay with cash/bankdraft with europtic or scope list for a bigger discount and avoid cc processor fees.

They are legit.

I have made 2 offers - bought one product and didn't buy the other. They were well under market price on the one I bought and they discounted another 10%, but wouldn't budge at all on the one I didn't buy.

I made an offer on a Leica Magnus a few days ago, I was told the scope was already on sale so the advertised price was bottom dollar. Since it was their advertised price, it was at or above MAP, so I’m sure there was still some wiggle room...but they weren’t willing to budge. Seems crazy to have a make an offer option if you aren’t willing to budge a penny.

I made an offer on a Leica Magnus a few days ago, I was told the scope was already on sale so the advertised price was bottom dollar. Since it was their advertised price, it was at or above MAP, so I’m sure there was still some wiggle room...but they weren’t willing to budge. Seems crazy to have a make an offer option if you aren’t willing to budge a penny.
    They told me the same thing on one of the 2 items I made an offer on. Very odd...

Which Magnus are you interested in? Give a call, 516-217-1000, and we will do our best for you
    Doug

Reactions: WT1
    Scope list is europtic, they share the same address at least.

They advertise up to 20% off, so you make an offer and they email you back accepting or countering it. During the bushnell craze I called a bunch of vendors to get prices on hide pricing on a lrts. Eurooptic said they could only offer 5% as it was a hot seller. I went on scope list, proposed the 20%, they countered with 10% and I accepted as it was 2x the discount I was getting elsewhere.

So Im not sure on how intricately intertwined they two operations are but they appear to be a front and back door operation?
    They just came back with a pretty nice offer on the Bushnell LMSS2 with Tremor4 reticle. I won't mention the price here, because I don't think you are supposed to, but it was quite a bit lower than their asking price, a little over $400 less than their asking price. That could change, of course for whomever makes an offer, so don't quote me. But $400 American dollars is $400 American dollars.

A steal if you ask me for something with a Hodnett or Horus reticle.

Last edited:
    Which Magnus are you interested in? Give a call, 516-217-1000, and we will do our best for you
    Doug
    Cameralandny is one of the best places to pick up glass, particularly scopes as well as lenses for nature photography. They are also a great source for Leica glass.