• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Silhouette “it” for long range rimfire handgun?

obx22

Troubleshooter
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
N.C.
I shoot monthly Modern American Rimfire Series events and really wish there was some form of long distance barricade event for rimfire handguns. Has there ever been such a game?

I shoot monthly Modern American Rimfire Series events and really wish there was some form of long distance barricade event for rimfire handguns. Has there ever been such a game?
I am assuming you have but have you shot any steel challenge matches?

I am assuming you have but have you shot any steel challenge matches?
Assuming you mean the run an gun stuff, if so no. Always assumed distances of 100yds and in? I’d like to try barricade support distances out to possibly 300yds ? I dunno, perhaps it’s too much or too specialized?

Assuming you mean the run an gun stuff, if so no. Always assumed distances of 100yds and in? I’d like to try barricade support distances out to possibly 300yds ? I dunno, perhaps it’s too much or too specialized?
Yeah you'd most likely have to come up with a match and run it yourself or find other's that would be interested.

Steel Challenge is not run and gun you shoot from a stationary position and shoot for the fastest time....here's a Video....I thought I'd not be interested until I shot a match I'm hooked now it's pretty fun you should give it a try.

Reactions: obx22
Yeah you'd most likely have to come up with a match and run it yourself or find other's that would be interested.

Steel Challenge is not run and gun you shoot from a stationary position and shoot for the fastest time....here's a Video....I thought I'd not be interested until I shot a match I'm hooked now it's pretty fun you should give it a try.

Appreciate the video, locals have been trying to rope me into this 😉
I’m primarily A rimfire nut.

Appreciate the video, locals have been trying to rope me into this 😉
I’m primarily A rimfire nut.

You can most definitely shoot rim fire in steel challenge....This is my CWA 2011-22 and my Kidd 10/22 in a MOD SHOT chassis that I shoot in steel challenge...I shoot a 9mm as well.

CWA.jpg
IMG_5548.JPG