• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Spuhr the only (quality) Scope Mount which offers an integrated level bubble?

brian2382

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2018
I have a Spuhr I bought long ago off these forums on my Tikka Tac A1, but I just got a new AR10 and need another scope mount. I love the bubble on the Spuhr to ensure I am level, but god damn are they expensive. Are there any alternatives out there which have an integrated bubble that I am just overlooking?

Accu-Tag rings have an integrated level. AADLand Engineering mounts have (or at least did at one time) an integrated level. Hawkins heavy tactical rings and mounts have a level mounted on the front cap that’s probably more visible than any of them.

The new ARC M-Brace mounts come with a level, and the new Badger modular mounts have the ability to add a level in a very similar manner to the M-Brace.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Most modern optics mounts either have or have the ability to add one to them.

Accu-Tag rings have an integrated level. AADLand Engineering mounts have (or at least did at one time) an integrated level. Hawkins heavy tactical rings and mounts have a level mounted on the front cap that’s probably more visible than any of them.

The new ARC M-Brace mounts come with a level, and the new Badger modular mounts have the ability to add a level in a very similar manner to the M-Brace.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Most modern optics mounts either have or have the ability to add one to them.
Wow, I could not have asked for more information right off that bat! I really appreciate your help! I will research all of those. Admittedly, other than Badger I have never heard of any of those companies.

Reactions: just browsing
I have both the ARC m brace and the Sphur and I prefer the ARC and it’s a bit cheaper. The level is also way easier to see than the Sphur. You’ll always break position to check the Sphur level

I also have the Hawkins with the top half ring level and I’m not the greatest fan either compared to the ARC

I have both the ARC m brace and the Sphur and I prefer the ARC and it’s a bit cheaper. The level is also way easier to see than the Sphur. You’ll always break position to check the Sphur level
I sold my Spuhr to buy the M-BRACE, and I have no regrets. The level is excellent, and the mount is fantastic.

Reactions: st1650
I sold my Spuhr to buy the M-BRACE, and I have no regrets. The level is excellent, and the mount is fantastic.
I’m also in the process of selling my QDP for another M-Brace

I've had the ARC M10 QD-L and Spuhr, both have built in levels but as others have mentioned they are low and very near your eye, unless you are really young with excellent close up vision you're probably going to break your cheekweld to see it. I just ordered the M-Brace and hoping it will arrive soon. ERA-TAC also offers mounts and rings that have accessory options to fit on top, one of these accessories is a bubble level which works well too.

Reactions: st1650
+10 for the mcbrace mount. Audere also has a built in level and it is very similar to the Spuhr but a little cheaper and made in San Marino, Italy instead of Sweden.

probably minority, but I've found I prefer levels that are independent of the mounting ring itself, so that they can be placed somewhere more visible.

Right now I've been using the vector optics level + ADI. Yes, it's chinese made, but having tested it against some of the tools I have for QC work, it is actually properly calibrated and repeatable.

1559642940.jpg

Reactions: Ranger007
This has all been amazing information! Thank you all, it seems like the ARC M-Brace was the most recommended and highly spoke of so I will likely go with that!

One nice thing about my old spuhr was the mounting of the scope, with its 10 degree piece of metal which made the scope perfectly level to the rings, does the ARC M-Brace, or any of these other options have similar or their own version of mounting a scope truly level? Or do they require additional equipment?

This has all been amazing information! Thank you all, it seems like the ARC M-Brace was the most recommended and highly spoke of so I will likely go with that!

One nice thing about my old spuhr was the mounting of the scope, with its 10 degree piece of metal which made the scope perfectly level to the rings, does the ARC M-Brace, or any of these other options have similar or their own version of mounting a scope truly level? Or do they require additional equipment?
A plumb bob is a good cheap investment if you plan on leveling a lot of scopes or want perfect level every time.

I'm unfamiliar with that technique, I will search around, unless you know of a source which explains how to do it
Basically use the plum bob against a wall, and the line on the bob will five you a perfectly vertical reference line. level the rifle, then use the reference line to line up your reticle. once everything's lined up, torque to spec and double check, then you can verify if the reticle and turrets are correctly aligned with each other by dialing elevation.

Audere mounts are Spuhr quality at a significantly lower cost.

However, a level below your scope is impractical in use, and a scope mounted (or alternate mount mounted level) will be better.

What about for AR cantilevered mounts? Which ones do you know have an integrated level in it? While I am buying an M-brace for my Tikka, I also have a new AR-10 I need a mount for

What about for AR cantilevered mounts? Which ones do you know have an integrated level in it? While I am buying an M-brace for my Tikka, I also have a new AR-10 I need a mount for
With the larger footprint of the AR-10 upper I have gotten away with non-cantilevered mounts with an adjustable LOP stock like a Luth or Magpul PRS/UBR style, with a standard length adjustable stock you might be on the ragged edge.

I still prefer ERA-TAC for this, while not built in the level attachment on the ring plate makes it easier to view than behind the mount levels. Spuhr makes a cantilever mount and some of those have levels

Using ERATAC rings with bubble level/ACI attachment, no cantilever on AR-10 upper

LR_AR-6.5_Build_069.jpg

LR_AR-6.5_Build_068.jpg

Top: Schmidt & Bender Ultra Short 5-20 in ERATAC 20 MOA mount, no cantilever. Bottom: Burris XTR II 4-20 in ARC M10 QD-L Mount - No cantilever
20160402_PROOF_FD_65CM_0002.jpg

I had Spuhr mounts, now days i use Audere.
MKmachining import these in US.
Italian desing and Italian very nice guys behind this company.
Use cope PFR22 you can have -10% off everything on the Audere shop, including optic etc.

Reactions: matt33