• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

is the AICS .223 stock the same as the .308 ?

Super-X

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
Calif
is the AICS .223 stock the same as the .308 ? just coming with the .223 mag?
They are out of the color I want in the .308 version, plus I have mags in hand. Thought I could cut a fat hog and just get the .223 version for my 7/08 .... any help is appreciated...

Re: is the AICS .223 stock the same as the .308 ?

The AICS stock for a Remington 700 is the same stock for 223 or 308. They are both Short action versions of the stock. If a retailer is offering them with magazines and states the package is for 223 or 308, then yes the only thing different between the two packages would be the magazines. The 223 version should be cheaper since the plastic 223 mags are cheaper than the steel 308 mags.

Hope this helps

Gene

Re: is the AICS .223 stock the same as the .308 ?

Yes, thanks.. I have Alpha type II mags in hand.. So I can off the .223 mag and bring down the price again.