• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Is the Glock 30 issued officially anywhere??

Schleifalot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2006
Bavarian Forrest, Germany
Is the Glock 30 officially issued as duty sidearm in a police departement or another LE organisation?

Over here in Germany there have to be rules for everything. In order to get my third pistol I have to shoot at competitions. The type of gun must be specified by sporting rules.
If I want to shoot this gun at a competition, I have to proof that this gun is officially issued by an armed force somewhere.

Stupid, sad but true.

Re: Is the Glock 30 issued officially anywhere??

Thanks a lot, maybe this is enough to convince the powers that be.
As long as I shoot only locally, there will be no issue. Last year I shot at our state championship with our Reservisten team (National Guard). There your guns are scrutinised closer. Heavens beware one would win with a 600€ tuppergun ;-)
The Glock 30 is just for fun and for my peace of mind, because it could be a carry gun. My H&K USP tactical is really precise and reliable, but big as a brick.

At our state service rifles champship I made the 11th rank with an old borrowed H&K SL7 clunker and .308 surplus ammo. There were a lot of high quality AR15 and G3 clones around, maybe I just got lucky.
Maybe, just maybe, I can afford a Garand next year. I really like this old warhorse.
Never, ever judge a gun on its looks ;-)

Franklin County Va. Public Safety issues Glock 30s to all officers and Botetourt County Sheriffs Office in Va. issues them to female deputies. These are the only 2 local I know of. TJR

.45 isn't that popular outside the USA, so I'm not sure you'll find many beyond our borders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.45 isn't that popular outside the USA, so I'm not sure you'll find many beyond our borders. </div></div>

Maybe not Glock 30's but there are plenty of .45 1911's all over the place - well beyond 'our' borders. From close (Mexico) to not so close (Philippines) and many places in between.

A good friend of mine in Austria reports that .45's are fairly prominent there as well, which isn't too far from the OP.

I don't know about Europe, but 1911s are everywhere in the Philippines. If you trip and fall in a market, there's a chance you might fall on one. Still, despite the widespread availability of 1911s, the ammo was in fairly short supply. No use in having a gun that you don't have ammo for, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.45 isn't that popular outside the USA, so I'm not sure you'll find many beyond our borders. </div></div>

Maybe not Glock 30's but there are plenty of .45 1911's all over the place - well beyond 'our' borders. From close (Mexico) to not so close (Philippines) and many places in between.

A good friend of mine in Austria reports that .45's are fairly prominent there as well, which isn't too far from the OP. </div></div>

Yep, the Philippines is definitely an exception, lots of 1911s there.

Thank you all, this is valuable information for me.
I will contact the mentioned departements, maybe I can get this confirmed directly.
I know of a guy who was disqualified after a competition, because his handgun was too SMALL. Can you believe this?
Here in Germany everything has to be overengineered, overseen and overregulated.
God forbid you are just shooting for fun, that is politically incorrect. Serious sport is OK.
CC a gun is absolutely out of bounds, the world would stop spinning first.

Is there no IPSC in Germany?

There is an IPSC club 25 km from where I live. There are a whole bunch of different shooting organisations with a lot shooting disciplines.
Tried IPSC twice. It is not for me. Too expensive, too much gear factor. The rules are dangerous for my kind of shooting "conditioning". Double tap and rushing around...
I try to shoot with my service gun the same way as with my own guns. It could be dangerous to train several different "styles".
In a SHTF stress situation, you will do what you have drilled in. If you mess up sport shooting with the real stuff, FUBAR will be certain.
Sorry, I didn't want to rant. But there are many shooting disciplines around whith wich I competely disagree.
The Glock 30 mostly will be my "fun gun".