• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is the NRA getting a Waynectomy?

They Did IT!

The NRA broke their record. I sent in my dues on December 29th. Today, January 04, I got an email from the NRA asking that I take out their life insurance. While not a direct contribution, a fellow has to know that they are getting some sort of payback if not a direct percentage.
I jsut got ANOTHER letter begging for money. I'm going to mail it back telling them I'll contribute again when WP is gone.

The NRA does some good things. Our range, where I am a RSO, gets insurance through them. Without their RSO/Instructor certs, I wonder if we would exist at all, since we lease through the county.

We have a heated building on the 100 yard range courtesy of a grant from the NRA. Though I rarely use it due to mirage, it sure is nice to sit in there on a windy 20° Wyoming day and shoot with the fire roaring…. Christmas Eve I was testing my new Xero in there with a buddy. 🔥🎄

Can the NRA be fixed? I haven't a clue.

Is it worth saving?

Damn I hope so……..

Wayne must go!
View attachment 8312287

Is that you "Mac?"

Is that you "Mac?"
6CE1735E-9A1B-4C3C-911B-12C70C017183.jpeg

If that's the case, removing WLP isn't the answer. Again, he has been employed at the discretion of the Board so the issues truly rest with poor board leadership. If he's telling the Board what to do and the Board is not doing what they should be doing in terms of holding WLP accountable (as can happen in typically smaller not-for-profits) then there is a level of dysfunction that goes way, way deeper than the issues with WLP. Sounds like a Board shakeup is needed and leaders that truly understand their role and fiduciary duty to the organization need to be brought in.
That was my point. The board of directors at the time circled the wagons around Wayne and the members who wanted audits and to clean house and got pushed out. I don't recognize any of the names on the board now and I fear that when the one I know passes away NRA will forget competitive shooting. (Time to figure out who some of them are.)

I haven't turned in my membership but the only money the NRA has got from me since this started has been match fees.

GOA has been filling the void left by the NRA. If NRA cleans house I'll support both orgs.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
That was my point. The board of directors at the time circled the wagons around Wayne and the members who wanted audits and to clean house and got pushed out. I don't recognize any of the names on the board now and I fear that when the one I know passes away NRA will forget competitive shooting. (Time to figure out who some of them are.)

I haven't turned in my membership but the only money the NRA has got from me since this started has been match fees.

GOA has been filling the void left by the NRA. If NRA cleans house I'll support both orgs.
100%. But it would need to be a total clean house. Not one other dime then what I have to so I can stay in the club.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
What really pisses me off about the NRA is that one of the best local ranges to me that actually has lanes beyond 100 yards requires NRA membership.

Why the fuck would I want to pay a range membership fee and then have to pay an NRA membership fee on top of that?

What really pisses me off about the NRA is that one of the best local ranges to me that actually has lanes beyond 100 yards requires NRA membership.

Why the fuck would I want to pay a range membership fee and then have to pay an NRA membership fee on top of that?
Pretty sure many ranges get their insurance through the NRA so they make being a member of the NRA a requirement.

I jsut got ANOTHER letter begging for money. I'm going to mail it back telling them I'll contribute again when WP is gone.

I WAS a member for a LOT of years. I too have sent back their propaganda in the begging for more money envelopes with a note stating that I will rejoin when they clear house of Wayne and his cohorts that use the donations as their private slush funds. They have done nothing to help WA State with the elimination of our 2A rights in recent years, except make noise and beg for more money.

I have also blocked a multitude of their "hidden" no name phone numbers and generally wont answer unrecognized phone calls .

Not even close to the organization it once was.

I have also blocked a multitude of their "hidden" no name phone numbers and generally wont answer unrecognized phone calls .

Not even close to the organization it once was.
It has gotten so bad, that I have to tell people I do business with including medical appointments, Please, Please leave a message because I will not answer any call that is not in my contacts.

They even have numbers inside our calling area, with addresses as close as Monroe and Ruston. They make owning a phone almost Damned Miserable!

Reactions: DIBBS and Maggot
i was done with the NRA many years ago when they endorsed a guy that was very anti gun who was running for congress. the guy running against him was a very staunch pro-gun guy.

the guy the nra endorsed was none other than that epic piece of shit, ron kind. and i will admit, i hated ron kind since he was an assistant DA and prosecuted me for defending myself against an attacker twice my size. the piece of shit knew he couldnt get me on assault, so he changed it to a disorderly conduct charge. and yes, while minor to some people, it showed me what the true nature of government is. fuck that guy, and fuck the nra forever. and fuck wayne...fuck him in his stupid ass with a steel dildo wrapped in barb wire.

Fuck WLP! And after all this time, not sure I can ever forgive the NRA. Benefactor Life member, and I bought Life memberships for my wife, son, daughter, and daughter-in-law. I used to send quarterly donations to the ILA. 10/2/17, I sent an extra donation.

After WLP told Trump to ban bumpstocks, I put a stop payment on the check I'd just sent. Then, ordered some tar & feathers from Amazon and had them delivered to WLP & Chris Cox!

Reactions: myronman3
Re-upped for two years on December 30, 2023. Today, January 08, 2024, I got my first request to renew my membership. They really need my money. Membership at the Top Shot shooting range, our local club and the only decent range within a 100 miles requires NRA membership due to their insurance.

So, I am asking for suggestions. I am finally getting to building a .22 trainer. I have decided to go with a Vudoo. Do we as a group think that I should put off purchasing the Vudoo and give my every last penny to the NRA, or go on and order the Vudoo barreled action today and tell the NRA where to stick it?

Re-upped for two years on December 30, 2023. Today, January 08, 2024, I got my first request to renew my membership. They really need my money. Membership at the Top Shot shooting range, our local club and the only decent range within a 100 miles requires NRA membership due to their insurance.

So, I am asking for suggestions. I am finally getting to building a .22 trainer. I have decided to go with a Vudoo. Do we as a group think that I should put off purchasing the Vudoo and give my every last penny to the NRA, or go on and order the Vudoo barreled action today and tell the NRA where to stick it?
Maintain your current membership, buy your new Vudoo. If the NRA gets its shit together give them money. If they don't, renew your membership in December 2025.

The Gift that just keeps on Giving :(.

Got my third (no less) email from NRA yesterday asking me to renew my just renewed (Just Two Weeks Ago) So, I sent them a semi caustic email seriously complaining about their begging for money. (“And this while the organizations finances are already in question”….My words to them)

So, when I open my email this morning around 6 or so, I get a response stating that I am being removed from the mailing list.

OK, that will work. (But will it?)

At 7:20, yes this 7:20 AM, January 13, 2024, less than seven hours from the time of their email saying I am removed…….

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The NRA family is a lot like your family. Proud of our roots. And proud of our great nation, where the Second Amendment still stands as the ultimate guarantee of our uniquely American freedoms.

mail
Now there’s a way to maximize your impact on freedom’s future while protecting the financial legacy you want to leave for those you care about most.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These people are beyond despicable. Do they really think I am going to give my inheritance to them!!!

I joined many years ago, they were running a life membership for $300, which at the time was a little more than 3 years fees. They haven't got a cent from me since.........

Just send a check direct to WLP, he deserves it for all his hard work.

• Haha
Reactions: Dead Eye Dick