• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is their any advantage to the G7 B 2500 over the Sig Kilo 2400?

mjsand44

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2017
Canada
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback with the G7 B 2500 and the Sig Kilo 2400?
I'm looking for a new range finder for hunting and competition. I like the idea of Range finding binoculars, but I don't see anything that can talk to my Kestrel or hold more than 1 gun in that platform.
Thanks for the feedback.

I have no field experience with the G7B2500. I have the 2400 and a backup pair of Nikon LRF binos, which I seldom use.
If Sig were smart, they would've installed the core of the 2400 into Binos. No need for a kestrel or other crap.
Just one unit.
Instead, we get the hunting inspired BDX system. Meh

If anyone can comment on either one of them I would appreciate the feedback. They are within a couple hundred bucks of each other I’m just not sure which one to go with. Thank you to anyone who shares their opinions. If anyone can comment on either one of them I would appreciate the feedback. They are within a couple hundred bucks of each other I’m just not sure which one to go with. Thank you to anyone who shares their opinions

I had a 2400 last year and for hunting I can’t imagine a better unit. I ranged cow elk at 1303 yards. The ballistics engine was very accurate. I’ve never used a G7 so can’t comment on it. The only reason I sold the 2400 was to get something that would range steel out to a mile, which the 2400 would not do.

I’m pretty sure the g7 will. I used a buddies one season and was ranging elk at 1600 yds. Pretty crazy unit. Can never go wrong with Gunworks products

Have the 2400 and love it. It’s also a lot smaller that the g7 which I like.

Have a 2400. Love it. Easy to use. Ranged steel to 1240 (so far) and object out to 2301.

I have a 2400 and it will range steel at 1345 in bright sun I have used a G7 not the new but there is no comparison, the new one might be better but the Sig is all I will ever need. I have ranged deer in a field at 1200 with it also

I have the sig 2400. It works very well with some caveats. It had some trouble at the Snipers Hide Team challenge this year getting through the loopholes. Some of the other high end range finders have a little better divergence angle, so they could get a distance when the 2400 couldn't. When it does hit the target it gives a good range and dope. I've hit steel out to 1700 yards, but it can't seem to get a 1830 yard full size ipsc target on multiple occasions. I'm not a hunter, so I don't have non-reflective target feedback to offer. I would recommend the 2400 enthusiastically.

I have the sig 2400. It works very well with some caveats. It had some trouble at the Snipers Hide Team challenge this year getting through the loopholes. Some of the other high end range finders have a little better divergence angle, so they could get a distance when the 2400 couldn't. When it does hit the target it gives a good range and dope. I've hit steel out to 1700 yards, but it can't seem to get a 1830 yard full size ipsc target on multiple occasions. I'm not a hunter, so I don't have non-reflective target feedback to offer. I would recommend the 2400 enthusiastically.

Thanks for the feedback. It’s very helpful what rangefinders did well?