• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there a 7 PRC yet?

I heard 30 PRC got Saami'd.

Nothing on 7 as of yet as far as I'm aware.

Isn't that just a 7LRM..? 375 ruger necked to 7mm and shortened a hair?

A 6.5 PRC necked up could be interesting, like a 7-08 but a bit bigger.

I would be all over a 7mm using the maximum case length (with a long neck still) that you could from the .375 Ruger.
For that matter a 6.5 at max length based on that case would be pretty interesting too.

I was going to do a 7/300 but may just do a custom 7/.300 PRC if I can find a setup for it.

I'm pretty sure that the 16 year old 7mm SAUM is your answer to the 7mm PRC. A few thousandths one way or another makes no difference.

I'm pretty sure that the 16 year old 7mm SAUM is your answer to the 7mm PRC. A few thousandths one way or another makes no difference.

That would be a short action cartridge with it's own set of limitations on loading, length and barrel life.

One based off a full length 375 Ruger necked down would give you a lot more flexibility in both loads and projectiles in a long action cartridge

You're talking about a wildcat, I'm talking about an established commercial product you can choose to put in a long action and throat as long as you like.

In the long action what's wrong with the 7 Rem Mag? or any of the other 'magnum' 7mms? Whatever the 7mms have to offer have been thoroughly explored by the F-open guys. I would think thta a .310" long neck (SAUM) would be long enough to be versatile for seating long or short bullets of different weights.

You're talking about a wildcat, I'm talking about an established commercial product you can choose to put in a long action and throat as long as you like.

In the long action what's wrong with the 7 Rem Mag? or any of the other 'magnum' 7mms? Whatever the 7mms have to offer have been thoroughly explored by the F-open guys. I would think thta a .310" long neck (SAUM) would be long enough to be versatile for seating long or short bullets of different weights.
Yet the sherman 7SS improves on this. Big time