• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there a better 10-60 or 10-50 scope for the money than Vortex GE?

Oldmauser

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2018
I can buy a Vortex GE for 1600 EUR. I was thinking sightron iii but 1/4 moa click is a no go.
I already have one Vortex GE. I never had an athlon or any other chinese stuff. I am looking for an sfp scope primarily for f-class. I have also a march and a zeiss. I think I am not an expert since I do not see a devastating difference in glass quality.
It's like wine. I was invited many times to michelin restaurants and drunk some fancy french wine but to be perfectly honesy I don't see huuuge difference between a 1000eur bottle and a 100eur bottle. I am an ignorant. I know.

Last edited:
The sightron III has a 1/8 click target dot. I have one and love mine.

Last edited:
Sightron.

They have 1/8moa and .05 mil turrets available. All sorts of reticles.

My favorite scope for bullseye type shooting at fixed distance is the sightron with a 1/8moa dot and adjustments.

Is SIII enough in terms of decent glass for the money or should I in your view go with

SV 10-50x60?​

I can get:

SV 10-50x60 for 1947 EUR

SIII PLR 10-50x60 (MOA-2 ill.) for 1565 EUR

Delta Optical Stryker HD 5-50×56 SFP DLS-1 for 1645 EUR

Vortex Golden Eagle for 1600 EUR.

so, SV is clearly more expensive than Delta. Stryker for 1645 seems to be good value/money. What do you think?

Trijicon Tenmile 5-50. About $1750 here in the U.S., so < 1600 EUR.

Over there...?

Trijicon Tenmile 5-50. About $1750 here in the U.S., so < 1600 EUR.

Over there...?
Over there +shipping+VAT. So, the winner is the Stryker. I heard the glass quality is better than GE.

Over there +shipping+VAT. So, the winner is the Stryker. I heard the glass quality is better than GE.
That's the part I was unsure about, VAT, duties,...?

Or even if they're available over there.

Ilya Koshkin is of the opinion that the Sightron SV 10-50 is superior to both the Vortex GE and the Delta Stryker 5-50, mostly due to its dual-range parallax adjustment mechanism. I've seen the Sightron get a very good rating from a dedicated F-class shooter too, where he did a side-by-side comparison of the Sightron SV, S&B and March. There were a few shooting conditions where he thought the optical performance of the Sightron slightly edged out the other two. So if another March is out of your price range, the Sightron SV looks like a very good option. This is probably relevent only to US members of the Hide, but there was one offered for sale here in the PX not too long ago for @ $1100.00...

Edit - Below are links to the statements made about the Sightron that I mentioned above, so you don't have to take the word of some random guy on the interwebs. Reading it again, Koshkin actually says the Delta Stryker is the better "generalist" but the Sightron is the better pure target shooting scope.

Koshkin's recommended scopes under $2000 - Target scopes are at the end of the list.

Sightron, S&B, March comparison - the March looks like an older tactical model, so the comparison might not be entirely fair. Still, there's some good observations about how each scope performs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldmauser
I have a march hm. I don't want to spend another 4.000 eur for a scope. I think Vortex GE does the same job for less money. Yes, it's a blasphemy, but this is the case.
I apologize for the very late response; I have been slammed at work for the last couple of months and have not been able to participate much at all here. I have a few days rest so I'm trying to catch up.

Let me just say that in great conditions, it is very difficult to detect a difference in performance when dealing with higher priced optics. However, when conditions grow bad, especially with mirage, my March-X 10-60X56 HM comes into its own thanks to its Super ED lens elements. I am able to stay at 50X magnification regardless of mirage conditions and I know that's not the case with lesser optics, including the brand and model to which you compared. I got my March-X 10-60X56 HM 2 years ago, discovered I could leave it at 50X year-round and it hasn't move from there since, at any venue.