• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there a muzzle device that does not affect accuracy? I just want to extend my barrel a couple of inches.

cuz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2017
I really like the MDT ACC Chassis, but I don't like the fact that the forend is longer than the 18" barrel on my Bergara B14R. What are some options for me to extend my barrel 2-3 inches so that it's a little longer than the forend? My Bergara is threaded, so that part is done, but I don't know what the thread pitch, etc. is. I would prefer a muzzle device that maintains the contour of the barrel if possible.

Thanks.

Anything you put on the end of the barrel has the potential to affect accuracy. Putting something on the muzzle of a rimfire also adds another maintenance item because the interior of the the attachment will lead up over time and will need to be scraped out.
If you have to have something on there, you could do this on the cheap: https://www.tacticool22.com/product/fake-suppressor-threaded/
If you want to match the barrel contour, you're going to have to find a suitable metal tube, have it tapped and turned down to match (plus refinished).

I machined a ~4" long muzzle brake for my 18" MTU Vudoo in an ACC. I bored it larger several times before arriving at somewhere around 0.350" before I saw no change in accuracy based on a couple groups. While lot testing a couple months ago, I shot 5x 10 shot groups with and without the brake, for 6 lots of ammo. I was less rigorous for the remain 3 lots of Biathlon Xtreme (data shared in transonic thread). Across 300 shots, there was a statistically insignificant improvement with the muzzle brake in place. I can post a photo tonight if you wish.

Edit:
Average of 15x 10 shot groups with brake: 1.129 MOA
Average of 15x 10 shot groups without brake: 1.176 MOA
These shot as 3 boxes / lot numbers with the brake, followed by 3 boxes of the same 3 lots without the brake. Distance was 104 yards.

1699576410514.jpeg

1699576447103.jpeg

1699576366141.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks all, I decided to just go with an MPA Chassis this time around.
I'll make sure my next gun has a longer barrel if I want to put it in a chassis.

I machined up an extension for mine to give room for the tuner to poke out past the spigot on the chassis. I machined a thread so the tuner threaded directly onto it which made it a bit tidier.
1699705317602.png

1699705360413.png

Nobody remembers bloop tubes? Very common on 22s to extend sight radius for open sights and even tune the barrel.

Google it, plenty of info (and products) out there.

ZY

Reactions: moosemeat
Nobody remembers bloop tubes? Very common on 22s to extend sight radius for open sights and even tune the barrel.

Google it, plenty of info (and products) out there.

ZY
Never heard of them, but then again, I'm new to this game.
Not exactly what I was looking for, but worth a few minutes down the google rabbit hole...

Reactions: ZY100