• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Is there a non TBAC muzzle brake system for TBAC ultra 7

I think what actually happened is that some other people showed up with personal experience with some of the other mounts in question and gave their opinion. I didn't come in this thread to get in an argument about specific mounts-- but just to give input as to why we don't have a 1.375 back end on the Ultras.

If you're referring to my joke post (the one with the 6 smileys), then, yeah, having another interface that can come loose and accepts "any" device on the back is not going to be good for accuracy.

What we know is that our mounts are GTG. There are other mounts on the market that are also GTG. There are also mounts that harm accuracy/repeatability. If we go back about 12 years, it was a safe assumption at that time that ANY QD MOUNT would harm the accuracy, because almost all of them did. Given this history, from a precision rifle point of view, I personally would not assume amount is accurate/repeatable until it's been proven so.

They are all CB cans. Some just have a DT insert installed with permanent loctite. 90% or so of all cans we sell are CB/BA/SR, as opposed to DT.

The old Gemtech Bi Lug and AAC 18 tooth mounts were complete junk. The bi lug would wobble because it was a bayonet coupler. AAC took the acme threads and added the HK style wire detent from the G3 FH and made a mount that backed off on its best day. Somehow after all this time there's still crappy mount that shoot the silencer off the gun.

Silencer threads are fun, someone always gets their feelings hurt.
And someone always feels like they need to try to start a dick measuring contest…

I wanted conversation, which I got thanks to Zack, but all you wanted to do was be a douche making smartass comments that contributed nothing to the conversation, other than colorful commentary to make your fellow fanboy troglodytes laugh.

@Zak Smith
With the Ultra's...what about shooting wet?
I don't think it will really hurt anything. It makes sense with subs and makes the first like 2 shots very very quiet. I wouldn't use it for full power though. If you shoot your 300 BO AR-15 with a wet can, the entire inside of your gun will end up wet.

I’ll trade a bag of burgers for my huntertown arms suppressors. I learned a the hard way 8 years ago not to trust “influencers” on stuff like guns. Glad TBAC doesn’t waste resources to be in the “cool”. FYI, it was the military arms channel that was on a love affair with those cans.

@Zak Smith asking this question for me, would you say the SR mount and it’s suppressors are just as precise on applicable rifles as the CB line? I.e. dominus vs ultra in terms of producing repeatable results?

Yes, I do.

We did extensive repeatability testing before the SR was finalized.

The way the locking ring works, it actually adds a final little bit of tension on the shoulder (via additional rotation), and we made sure there was no gas leakage during testing, which means the can isn't moving on the shoulder. The SR mount was developed from the get go to be (and it took so long to develop because) we wanted a full auto capable locking mechanism that also had the same accuracy/repeatability results as the CB/BA/DT cans.

The SR was introduced on the 338 Ultra SR, which AI selected to be on their ASR submission rifle.

I have absolutely no qualms using an SR can on any of my long-range precision rifles.

Yes, I do.

We did extensive repeatability testing before the SR was finalized.

The way the locking ring works, it actually adds a final little bit of tension on the shoulder (via additional rotation), and we made sure there was no gas leakage during testing, which means the can isn't moving on the shoulder. The SR mount was developed from the get go to be (and it took so long to develop because) we wanted a full auto capable locking mechanism that also had the same accuracy/repeatability results as the CB/BA/DT cans.

The SR was introduced on the 338 Ultra SR, which AI selected to be on their ASR submission rifle.

I have absolutely no qualms using an SR can on any of my long-range precision rifles.

338 ultra all day everyday... Nothing else comes close....

20210605_201631.jpg

I’ll trade a bag of burgers for my huntertown arms suppressors. I learned a the hard way 8 years ago not to trust “influencers” on stuff like guns. Glad TBAC doesn’t waste resources to be in the “cool”. FYI, it was the military arms channel that was on a love affair with those cans.

@Zak Smith asking this question for me, would you say the SR mount and it’s suppressors are just as precise on applicable rifles as the CB line? I.e. dominus vs ultra in terms of producing repeatable results?
So did that clown Matt on Demo Ranch, and several other of the big name YT guys... Hickok45 supported Red Flag laws and the bumpstock ban like a true retired bootlicker. And many others have done some truly heinous shit to support the degradation of the 2nd Amendment. Most of the big name YT guys are jokes. They're cartoons. I never trusted any of them. I saw what was quality, which is why I like TBAC and Dead Air. They're both some of the top-tier brands in the industry. Literally, the only reason I don't own TBAC is because of the HUB thread issue. But, that being said, I might still get one in the future. I'm not adverse to them at all, contrary to what most of the idiots on this thread have made you think about me. They don't know me.

So did that clown Matt on Demo Ranch, and several other of the big name YT guys... Hickok45 supported Red Flag laws and the bumpstock ban like a true retired bootlicker. And many others have done some truly heinous shit to support the degradation of the 2nd Amendment. Most of the big name YT guys are jokes. They're cartoons. I never trusted any of them. I saw what was quality, which is why I like TBAC and Dead Air. They're both some of the top-tier brands in the industry. Literally, the only reason I don't own TBAC is because of the HUB thread issue. But, that being said, I might still get one in the future. I'm not adverse to them at all, contrary to what most of the idiots on this thread have made you think about me. They don't know me.
well....you be you đź‘Ť

Reactions: FuhQ
well....you be you đź‘Ť
The fact I'm not afraid to ask questions that others are, makes me a pariah, and open to dumbasses coming at me... I don't give a fuck at this point. I'm asking legit questions and making legit points, whether others agree or not.

We should ALL always be ourselves. This world has taught us not to be, and to "fit in"... Fuck that. Be your true authentic self 100% of the time, because in the end, we only have ourselves. And others opinions of us mean absolutely nothing, because one day, they too, will pass on, so will their opinion of you with them. 👍🏼

Reactions: Aftermath
You're adding 1.375" threads and opening up sales.

I'm opening up my groups.

We are not the same.

#JustBuiltDifferent

You're adding 1.375" threads and opening up sales.

I'm opening up my groups.

We are not the same.

#JustBuiltDifferent
You know, everyone says the precision part is "all in the concentric blast baffle"... If that's the case, then what threads the back of your can has that allows you to use a good mountaing solution should mean absolutely nothing to the consistency and accuracy added by the suppressor...Especially with how quality TBAC's equipment is. 🤔

You know, everyone says the precision part is "all in the concentric blast baffle"... If that's the case, then what threads the back of your can has should mean absolutely nothing to the consistency and accuracy of the suppressor...

Even if that were the case:

Concentric to what?

In this scneario, what is connecting the blast baffle to the answer from #1 ?

Think of these as rhetorical questions.

The fact I'm not afraid to ask questions that others are, makes me a pariah, and open to dumbasses coming at me... I don't give a fuck at this point. I'm asking legit questions and making legit points, whether others agree or not.

We should ALL always be ourselves. This world has taught us not to be, and to "fit in"... Fuck that. Be your true authentic self 100% of the time, because in the end, we only have ourselves. And others opinions of us mean absolutely nothing, because one day, they too, will pass on, so will their opinion of you with them. 👍🏼
1632664384693.png

And someone always feels like they need to try to start a dick measuring contest…

I wanted conversation, which I got thanks to Zack, but all you wanted to do was be a douche making smartass comments that contributed nothing to the conversation, other than colorful commentary to make your fellow fanboy troglodytes laugh.

You're getting dog piled for a reason.

Reactions: BigPrince
You're getting dog piled for a reason.
Because I stepped into a TBAC thread, and asked legit questions that deviate from their chosen design parameters? Then everyone decided to jump on me for daring to ask questions, as if I was the idiot for doing so. That warrants dog-piling?

What's wrong with asking questions? I mean, does everybody just walk around accepting everything in life as "it is what it is"? If nobody ever questioned anything, there would never be any improvements made to anything or anything invented.

Because I stepped into a TBAC thread, and asked legit questions that deviate from their chosen design parameters? Then everyone decided to jump on me for daring to ask questions, as if I was the idiot for doing so. That warrants dog-piling?

What's wrong with asking questions? I mean, does everybody just walk around accepting everything in life as "it is what it is"? If nobody ever questioned anything, there would never be any improvements made to anything or anything invented.
You’re questions were answered yiu just didn’t like the answers

1273E117-8FCE-40E3-8922-2F261874A0C0.jpeg

My solution to the dead air and tbac can problem is to simply use tbac brakes on everything with the EA adapter.

It's pretty sweet. I actually have a YHM turbo K mated to a tbac brake right now with the EA adapter. I love the tbac brake personally.

There was also some dude called rustynuts a while back selling lighter weight tbac compatible brakes.

I thought about grabbing a few to just switch all my guns over but didn't want to chance alignment issues (probably a non issue).

Universal threads aren't everything they're marketed as IMO.

My Nomad L had to go back when it was cut for a different spec than my YHM phantom and the phantom got stuck.

Also the teeth for the adapter wrenches get worn down and chipped over time.

Universal mounts are overrated- the end goal is to dedicate a can per rifle anyway. I personally love rugged mount for SBRs.

You’re questions were answered yiu just didn’t like the answers

View attachment 7710139
"I didn't like the answers"? I don't HAVE to buy a TBAC suppressor... So, no, it wasn't because I "didn't like the answers"... I just thought the answers were a bit near-sighted with bias. But that's ok. I'll stick to what works for me. I'll still probably get a TBAC in the future, just use on a dedicated setup. I don't dislike their cans or their business model, I just figured it might be something for them to think about that would open up their products to more shooters. I was being sincere, but everyone thought I was insulting folks, then they insulted me...Then the shit show started when everyone else started dog-piling on. And when you get backed in a corner, you have no choice but to defend yourself.

"I didn't like the answers"? I don't HAVE to buy a TBAC suppressor... So, no, it wasn't because I "didn't like the answers"... I just thought the answers were a bit near-sighted with bias. But that's ok. I'll stick to what works for me. I'll still probably get a TBAC in the future, just use on a dedicated setup. I don't dislike their cans or their business model, I just figured it might be something for them to think about that would open up their products to more shooters. I was being sincere, but everyone thought I was insulting folks, then they insulted me...Then the shit show started when everyone else started dog-piling on. And when you get backed in a corner, you have no choice but to defend yourself.
FFS. Oh no, it wasn’t that you didn’t like the answers, eh?

You just thought they were near sighted and bias? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you even read wtf you write?

You asked a question, you did NOT like the answer, so you proceed to obsessively beat the manf over the head w your superior opinions.

GTFO

Yeah, but what if your authentic self is a self-righteous asshole.

Just saying…people like that do exist.
Fair point. LOL Even so, being authentic is more indicative of someone's level of honesty...Even with themselves.

FFS. Oh no, it wasn’t that you didn’t like the answers, eh?

You just thought they were near sighted and bias? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you even read wtf you write?

You asked a question, you did NOT like the answer, so you proceed to obsessively beat the manf over the head w your superior opinions.

GTFO
How did I beat them over the head? It's simply my opinion. They have their's. We don't agree. I discussed it with Zack in a civil manner. Everyone else was being self-righteous assholes about it. Once the conversation concluded with Zack and I, I dropped it. The only people keeping this going is folks like you. 🤡

I think I'd call your opinion on silencers "aggressively ignorant".

You purport that you don’t care what folks think. You then post repeatedly making it absolutely clear that you do care, very deeply........ Blood in the water.

You purport that you don’t care what folks think. You then post repeatedly making it absolutely clear that you do care, very deeply........ Blood in the water.
When 8 people start jumping on you making insults and calling you stupid and interjecting their own opinions and saying that they're right and you're wrong, instead of the 1 person THAT ACTUALLY WORKS FOR THE COMPANY, then of course you're going to be pissed off. Even if I had @ Zack, all these same people still would have jumped in. It's not that I care what people think, as it is annoying when people hypocritically do the same thing they accuse you of doing, but they're somehow right, and I'm somehow wrong...Even though it's a matter of opinion.

Am I aggressive? Sure, when a bunch of people start being assholes to me and insulting me. I'm not going to just stand there and take it, when they're being just as hypocritical and doing the exact same thing, but I'm wrong for it?

This shit derailed worse than that train in Montana.
All because 1 person has an opinion that doesn't fit the narrative, and everyone else thinks that person is wrong.

This is the "capitalism" vs. price-gouging shit all over again... So, fuck this stupidity... I'm out. Herd-mentality at its finest around here.

• Sad
Reactions: Aftermath
While I enjoy cross-compatibility, I think TBAC is really smart for keeping everything controlled under their roof, not allowing the potential of outside products causing issues and watering down their reputation.

Much like why AI doesn't sell individual actions, only full rifles.

Why use anything else? The TBAC brakes are superb in both quality and recoil reduction.

The Area 419 system is fucking trash. I ordered some mounts and ditched it without even putting a couple hundred rounds through it on a few rifles. Took a can that has zero POI shift ever with TBAC mounts and gave it incredibly unpredictable POI shifts. Area 419 makes some good products, but that ain’t one of them.
Now we know why. Seems that despite the tapered surfaces, the area 419 systems don't actually use the tapers for their suppressor mounts. The only thing that makes contact is the square shoulder.

In the case of TBAC, you are adding additional parts, possibly introducing tolerance stacking and going from a system that uses a taper to deliver concentricity and repeatability to a relying upon a square shoulder / non-taper.

@redneckbmxer24

Last edited:
Now we know why. Seems that despite the tapered surfaces, the area 419 systems don't actually use the tapers for their suppressor mounts. The only thing that makes contact is the square shoulder.

In the case of TBAC, you are adding additional parts, possibly introducing tolerance stacking and going from a system that uses a taper to deliver concentricity and repeatability to a relying upon a square shoulder / non-taper.
1 post hitter and quitter? Assuming you're posting about the arfcom thread?

@flyer1a - thoughts?

My solution to the dead air and tbac can problem is to simply use tbac brakes on everything with the EA adapter.

It's pretty sweet. I actually have a YHM turbo K mated to a tbac brake right now with the EA adapter. I love the tbac brake personally.

There was also some dude called rustynuts a while back selling lighter weight tbac compatible brakes.

I thought about grabbing a few to just switch all my guns over but didn't want to chance alignment issues (probably a non issue).

My Nomad L had to go back when it was cut for a different spec than my YHM phantom and the phantom got stuck.

Universal mounts are overrated- the end goal is to dedicate a can per rifle anyway. I personally love rugged mount for SBRs.
I agree with this but I did have a problem with my EA TBAC adapter. Apparently the taper wasn't cut correctly and it made very poor contact. ECCO machine fixed it for me when I had my can recored and the universal thread added. I would use ECCOs TBAC adapter mount on future cans.

I agree with this but I did have a problem with my EA TBAC adapter. Apparently the taper wasn't cut correctly and it made very poor contact. ECCO machine fixed it for me when I had my can recored and the universal thread added. I would use ECCOs TBAC adapter mount on future cans.
Ecco makes some great stuff! I have their TBAC adapter on a F1 and I had him convert my YHM Phantom LT to take a TBAC adapter so I can run CB mounts for everything.

And since I was (sorta) name dropped here, I do offer my own CB compatible single chamber brakes. They’re made for me by a very reputable manufacturer that’s in the suppressor industry and are very high quality. You can hit me up here if interested; they’re $75 each.

Reactions: deersniper

Do you have a pic of this? What is the EA adapter? Thanks

Reactions: godofthunder
Do you have a pic of this? What is the EA adapter? Thanks

Can confirm this is a solid adapter. Bought one to put on a polonium.

Reactions: mjp8540 and FuhQ
I think I'm starting to like the Rusty Nuts CB better than the actual Tbac CB. I like that the brake itself is .020" smaller (helps so much with carbon build up and removing the can).

One question though, why is the taper shorter than the original CB? I recently did a 1.250" straight taper and ended up going back and turn the shoulder a bit.

20230707_115649.jpg

ETA: I'd be all over a 2 port version! I'd get a couple if you ever did a run!

I think I'm starting to like the Rusty Nuts CB better than the actual Tbac CB. I like that the brake itself is .020" smaller (helps so much with carbon build up and removing the can).

One question though, why is the taper shorter than the original CB? I recently did a 1.250" straight taper and ended up going back and turn the shoulder a bit.

View attachment 8205672

ETA: I'd be all over a 2 port version! I'd get a couple if you ever did a run!

It's a shame they couldn't make a second shoulder on that brake that helps protect the barrel shoulder some more.

I used a Rearden SPB on one of my larger contour barrels, and it's similar to your brake pictured here. Doesn't take much for the barrel shoulder to get a little beat up. The damage is only aesthetic (so far), but something to keep in mind...

It's a shame they couldn't make a second shoulder on that brake that helps protect the barrel shoulder some more.

I used a Rearden SPB on one of my larger contour barrels, and it's similar to your brake pictured here. Doesn't take much for the barrel shoulder to get a little beat up. The damage is only aesthetic (so far), but something to keep in mind...

Thankfully this was an extremely cheap green mountain barrel and my fist chamber job. Surface finish everywhere but the chamber is trash anyway.

One other note about my experience with the RND CB mount is that I've only used it on smaller calibers, no magnums. I'm just a little hesitant.

Reactions: kthomas