• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Is there a scale of drop between .22 and .223?

sasquatch98226

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
This may be a silly question, but is there a linear scale of drop between .22 and .223? I am not looking for a hard and fast rule, but maybe a rule of thumb. Something like if the scope is set-up for a .22 at 25 yards that equates to about 2" high at 100 for a .223? I know barrel length and twist rate must come into play, just looking for a ballpark if there is one.

Re: Is there a scale of drop between .22 and .223?

im not entirely sure why youre asking but i can assume it has to do with a 22 conversion in a 223 AR. otherwise you would have to re-zero your scope as you generally cannot change calibers without removing and remounting a scope anyhow...

that being said, if it is for the AR and you have the conversion bolt setup... zero it for one or the other and shoot both at various distances. thats the only way you'll really get an answer.

sorry.

Re: Is there a scale of drop between .22 and .223?

Duh.... I guess that totally makes sense. My little pea brain did not think of that
blush.gif