• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there any real difference in 223 wylde 16" and 18" barrels?

Less difference than going from 14.5 to 16. If you aren't going to be doing a whole lot of "carbine" type stuff, I'd say go with the 18 for a small but measurable gain in velocity and less muzzleblast. I guess that's mainly how people are differentiating a Recce from an SPR. Of course, barrel quality and twist makes bigger difference than 2 inch of length. I went with a 16" stainless Raineer match 1:8, and love am loving it. I'd probably jump to a 20 or 22 for a longer range upper.

With 18" you have the common option to have rifle length gas system. I don't know if that's available in 16" or if that might even be a consideration for your purposes.

I've used 18's with the thinking I could always cut them back if I hated it. Haven't yet.

i wanted a short but still want a precision rifle that will be good moa to 100-300 yards. i think the 16" should do for this purpose.

2"

Fuck I can't even be a smartass on this new board, as "2"" does not meet the 10 character bottom limit.