• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Is there anyone near Eugene, OR?

derek58

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2013
Eugene, OR
Hey, name's Derek and I'm a newbie here. I'm looking for someone or some people to go shooting with. Most of my friends who do shoot aren't around or aren't into it as much as I am, so it'd be nice to meet some more people. I'm in college so I'm pretty busy most of the time, but I generally have some free time on the weekends.

I'm looking to shoot long range, or at least beyond 200, because I'm not able to do that too often. That said, I'm always down to shoot at closer ranges too. Hit me up if you're interested, or if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

In the central Willamette valley you have a fabulous resource. Darrel Holland (Holland's guns/website) is a terrific gunsmith, and he is also a teacher who really knows how to shoot, and teach. It is extremely rare to find someone who can gunsmith, shoot, AND teach. Usually finding two out of three is pretty good. I would strongly recommend contacting him for some input. Even if all you do is attend one of his classes, you will reduce your learning curve immensely, and most likely meet some people from that area.

There are some guys from who shoot precision rifle that attend the practical rifle matches at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club in Eatonville, WA (about half hour drive from Ft. Lewis/McChord) on the first Saturday of the month. If you contact them, you might find some more guys in your area. Try the local gun clubs in your area and see if there is a bulletin board you can post on to find some guys. If you don't find any help, email me, and I'll see what I can find for you.

In the central Willamette valley you have a fabulous resource. Darrel Holland (Holland's guns/website) is a terrific gunsmith, and he is also a teacher who really knows how to shoot, and teach. It is extremely rare to find someone who can gunsmith, shoot, AND teach. Usually finding two out of three is pretty good. I would strongly recommend contacting him for some input. Even if all you do is attend one of his classes, you will reduce your learning curve immensely, and most likely meet some people from that area.

There are some guys from who shoot precision rifle that attend the practical rifle matches at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club in Eatonville, WA (about half hour drive from Ft. Lewis/McChord) on the first Saturday of the month. If you contact them, you might find some more guys in your area. Try the local gun clubs in your area and see if there is a bulletin board you can post on to find some guys. If you don't find any help, email me, and I'll see what I can find for you.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I checked out Holland's website. It looks pretty legit, but the problem is that it's so far away. That could potentially be solved if I took a class there, but I don't have the funds for that right now. All of my funds just went into buying my first pistol and some scuba gear so I unfortunately don't have any $ for classes at least until summer.
And regarding gun clubs, I have yet to find one in my area that is worth joining. Most are dedicated to either skeet or 100yd and under rifle shooting :/ That said, there may be one that I am unaware of.