• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there proper etiquette for a bad deal?

jasonZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2008
independence, kansas 67301
I'm hoping that maybe a mod will chime in here. I don't want to bash the guy, but it's been long enough for this transaction to have been successfully complete.
Payment sent 06/11/10
Payment received by seller 06/17/10
Seller said shipped 06/21/10
After Pm sent, seller said item showed back up on his door step 06/28/10
PM sent regarding item with no response from seller 07/03/10
Still have not received item at this time.

Seller is CMNSPWR and has been a member since 2009. I did not find much for feedback on this member when I did a search, however, I was new here once as well and was in the same boat as him.

My question is, is there anything that I can do. As an LEO, I reallize what the situation is here. I'm just not real happy about not having a stock and not having my $75.00 anymore either. I understand that things happen, but this is just too odd for me to sit back and not be concerned about it anymore.
Thanks in advance, Jason

Re: Is there proper etiquette for a bad deal?

I understand that the site is not responsible and that is not what I was thinking. I just have things in my mind, but don't want to start a big issue and get myself in trouble. Thanks for the reply though Mike.

JCH it was supposed to be a Boyd's Tacticool stock for a 10/22

It may just be me and that is the main reason that I have held off for so long about posting anything. I just keep trying to make myself think that it's all just a misunderstanding, however, the longer it goes the more reality creeps into my head! Just my 2 cents.

Well, I have had contact with him and we'll see where this goes. He says there is another shipping issue and it is supposed to be by monday at the lastest. Time will tell!

I hope he takes care of the issue for you TacJ

Yeah well, Monday rolled around and got another message saying UPS dropped the stock back off at his house and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm really thinking seriously about hoppin in the truck and taking a trip to Tennessee! I hear it's nice and never been there. This is pissin me off!

Ask him for the tracking number to verify his UPS problems. That will show the history of travel on the stock.

Heh... I'm in a similar situation, except it's been nine months and it's a 2000 dollar rifle. Granted, at least you're still making contact with the guy. This guy won't answer PM's, emails, or phone calls. I just got back stateside again and have no idea what to do about it.

Well, I'm pretty sure that there never was a UPS tracking number or any type of shipping. A few days ago, he said he was gonna ship USPS and get me a tracking number and ain't heard nothing! So the last message I sent read something like, my money or my stock gets sent to me or I come get it. And that is exactly what's gonna happen on my next five days off.

Ghost, I'd be a lot more upset if I was you. Was that something that happened here on the hide or another forum or something? That's total B.S. The problem is that these "verbal agreements" boil down to civil matters and there is nothing really criminal about it. I think that's crap, as far as I'm concerned it would be more like theft by deception. Have you spoken with an attorney?

I just got back, haven't had an opportunity to speak with an attorney yet. I'm concerned it will end up costing more than the rifle is worth, kinda ridiculous. It was a Hide member and the bad thing is he had people that had previously recommended him as a good seller.

His user name is "Crush Daddy". I would link you to the thread, but it appears he deleted it... He had a lot of posts on the forum and I found several recommendations before I purchased from him. He viewed the message I sent to him just before the New Year, he viewed the one in February, then I got tied up with work and didn't send another until May. He has yet to view that one.

I apologize for hijacking your thread TacticalJ.

The only recourse is for the site to ban the offender.

if L/E is involved we can and do provide any information available as well we can tell you when the last time a person logged on.

The proper etiquette to realize there is very little we can do if something goes south, usually we just ban the offender permanently from the site.

We do as much as we can by making people have a history on the site where hopefully these things don't happen, however people do run into trouble and unfortunately getting something for nothing is an easy way out.

I will say this, we frown on public out cries, especially if they just turn into a war of words and that will be both parties banned. usually that happens when something arrives too slow or people are not as free to communicate as others would like. If a persons takes your money and runs, chances are they are not coming back on. At least that has been the history.

LL,

I know you guys personally have no obligation in regards to the situation, but I'm sure others on the site have experienced a similar situation. I'm not asking for anything to be done about it by you or the forum, I was simply providing the information requested in the event somebody may know this guy.

"I will say this, we frown on public out cries, especially if they just turn into a war of words and that will be both parties banned. usually that happens when something arrives too slow or people are not as free to communicate as others would like."

I do not believe this to be a public outcry of a late item. This is a situation in which for the past six months I have received absolutely no communication from the seller via three avenues provided. I have emailed him on the account you gave me, called him, and left him several messages on the forum.

You missed the point of my post... we'll just leave it at that...

By the way, "Crush Daddy" has not returned to the site in quite some time. I would recommend an offline approach.

I don't think that I posted a public outcry. If I did then I guess that's my fault and I'll take the consequences, however, my main concern would be that everybody would be made aware of what had happened so they don't get ripped off by the same guy. If I get banned because of that then so be it.

By the way, in Kansas a verbal agreement to buy/sell something is a civil issue and not criminal. I don't know about other states, because I'm only LEO in Kansas.

I ordered a handstop from Scott at P-Tac a couple of months ago. It didn't turn up so I dropped him a line and he simply sent me another and I'll happily return the missing one if it arrives.

Not the most expensive item I know but this is exactly the type of service that made someone else here recommend P-Tac/Scott to me. I will simply not buy unless a senior member here recommends a retailer. I also find retailer's "buddies" are a good indicator/starting point.

Just an update, I recieved the stock on 7/26/2010, it's a shame that it took contact from law enforcement to handle the transaction, either that or it was because he got banned from the sight. Either way I got my product and it looks well. Thanks LowLight for the assistance.

Good stuff that you got your item.

How does one check if a person is G2G on this site? I see no rating system?
Thanks