• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there really gold in there? Fort Knox

lovetsx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2009
kentucky
Just got back from Knob Creek. I always drive by the vault on the way to US Cavalry. Is the Gold still there?

I have heard both yes and no from people who live in the area. Thought someone in the know could set the rumors straight

DCP_3846.jpg

DCP_3845.jpg

Re: Is there really gold in there? Fort Knox

CAVALRY.

Calvary is an alternate name for where Christ was crucified.

You broke the law taking photos, btw.

Who cares if there is gold there? Our money isn't gold based anymore anyway. It's just digital BS, added and subtracted at will.

It's overflowing with IOU's. In fact I heard there thinking of expanding it to be able to fit more IOU's in there. There is even talk about putting our rights in there.

I can't take a picture but yet Google can map the whole base.

Sure has been a lot of new construction around it

knox.jpg

I was on the QRF (quick reactionary force) guarding the gold vault and was in it a couple of times, i was told by people "in the know" that there was only a little bit on display for VIP's. but the bulk was in NYC underground vaults. What we keep in there is all the original documents for the US. flooding is the primary defense mech. for the vault.

I'm pretty sure they moved it all out back in the late 60s after that incident with 007 and Odd Job.

Before I PCS'd from there this past spring, the rumor was that the H1N1 vaccine was stored there. I drove past it everyday for 2 years and never paid it any attention, my mind cant fathom that ammount of money, may as well be full of styro foam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to Yahoo, $191,000,000,000 in gold is stored there.

http://whoknew.news.yahoo.com/?nc&vid=22416502

But balance that against our national debt, $13,617,347,531,289.33..... </div></div>

That was before I made a withdrawal yesterday. Today's total is $2.00 bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many Mini Coopers do you think it'd take to drive it all out of there?</div></div>

1, but it would take many trips, or 3 with suspension modifications.

After TOUGHGUY's withdrawal (pull-out?): just one, one trip.

Haven't you seen <span style="font-style: italic">Goldfinger</span>, or <span style="font-style: italic">Battlefield Earth</span>?

Our bulk was moved in the late 60's. Largest amount of Live Armor on the roads of Ky. ever. Funny how all the trees are now gone with very little of our gold still there.

There's lot of Gold there, but the bulk is not ours. Just like other country's have a little of theirs beside ours and other countrys they deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty sure they moved it all out back in the late 60s after that incident with 007 and Odd Job. </div></div>

You have to be of a certain vintage to remember that. I still have my Derby.....lol

Jerry