• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is this 40X what I'm looking for?

srv656s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2005
KC, MO
What I really would like to do is build up a Remington 700 in .22LR to use as a trainer for my regular rifle. I'd like to drop it in a McMillan A5 and put a similar scope to what I'm using on my .308. I saw that the CMP is offering this: <span style="font-weight: bold">Remington 40X - Heavy Barrel - stripped barreled receiver only (No other parts, just receiver and barrel)</span>

I think that would probably be perfect, just wondering if I'm missing anything. That seems like exactly what I want.

Thanks

Shawn

Re: Is this 40X what I'm looking for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I really would like to do is build up a Remington 700 in .22LR to use as a trainer for my regular rifle. I'd like to drop it in a McMillan A5 and put a similar scope to what I'm using on my .308. I saw that the CMP is offering this: <span style="font-weight: bold">Remington 40X - Heavy Barrel - stripped barreled receiver only (No other parts, just receiver and barrel)</span>

I think that would probably be perfect, just wondering if I'm missing anything. That seems like exactly what I want.

Thanks

Shawn </div></div>

SRV,
Take a look at this link:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1578671#Post1578671

Well shit. THAT is what I've been looking for!!! I'll be buying one!

DFOOSKING,
I just ordered a A3-5 for my 40XLR, and McMillian will inlet for anything. Just leting you know, good luck. JPG

I've been saying for a while now, that the .22lr market is going to grow since ammo is worth more than gold these days.

I think we're starting to see this come to light.

I love my 40X. I was going to go with optics on it but now I think I want irons.

dvdt, I know what you mean, thankfully I still have all the mounts for a set of irons on my 40X. I might pick up a set just to have, for now my USO will have to do.

I wish I could say for my .308 "for now my USO will have to do." Jealous, very jealous.
smile.gif

srv656 you could purchase from the the cmp a short stock 40x for 400.00 and a 40X for 475.00. Richards micro fit at one time made stocks for the .22 for a variety of actions.