• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is this a fake Leupold?

mjc1677

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2019
Plaquemine, LA
I came across this scope for sale local to me but I am curious to know if this is a fake Leupold MK 4. From what I have seen I think it is a fake due to the lettering being white, but would like others input.
Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• mk4 1.jpg
    mk4 1.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 432
  • mk4 2.jpg
    mk4 2.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 555
  • mk4 3.jpg
    mk4 3.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 490
  • mk4 4.jpg
    mk4 4.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 510
Looks legit. My 4.5-14 LR/T looks just like that. Only way to be 100% sure is calling Leupold and giving them the SN to verify.

Looks real to me, but the serial number on the bottom is usually the best indication.

I think the white ring was a custom shop thing.

I spoke with Leupold and was informed that this scope is a legitimate Leupold. I asked about the white lettering and was informed that early MK4 scopes had black lettering however the last couple of years of manufacturing, the lettering changed to white.

What would be a good price to offer for this scope? It comes with the Geissele Super precision mount.

I am sure you could easily re-sell it for 5-600, but I wouldn't give that for it. 5-600, will get a reticle that matches the turrets, and pretty decent scope in todays market. No use having a Freinkin scope when you can easily get something mil/mil or moa/moa. Having both on the same scope, is not the best of both worlds. ?

He is asking $750 with the mount. I don't want the mount, just something with a little more power than my 3.5x10x50 Var X III Tactical

Looks good to me, the fake Leupolds usually look like crap and have a serial number like 999999.

Email Leopold with the S/N and they'll tell you if it's fake or not and can tell you the age etc.

I came across this scope for sale local to me but I am curious to know if this is a fake Leupold MK 4. From what I have seen I think it is a fake due to the lettering being white, but would like others input.
Thanks
Mike
It’s a real mark 4. The white lettering is just on the later versions. It’s good to go.

They typically sell for $700-$800 for just the scope I’ve sold a ton on eBay for around that.

Thanks everyone. Leupold rep on phone told me it is good to go. Just waiting to contact the seller.
If not allowed I will delete but could someone tell me what my scope is worth?
Leupold Vari xIII 3.5x10x50 Tactical. It is many years old. Don’t want to give it away but would like to get what it is worth

That may have some historical value because it was used on various military rifles. I have one and still wouldn't pay more than $500. The only Mk4 scope I'd pay more for is the 3.5-10 with M5 knobs.

Thanks everyone. Leupold rep on phone told me it is good to go. Just waiting to contact the seller.
If not allowed I will delete but could someone tell me what my scope is worth?
Leupold Vari xIII 3.5x10x50 Tactical. It is many years old. Don’t want to give it away but would like to get what it is worth

3.5-10x50 should be the 1” tube capped turret A/O version. $300 +/- depending on whether it’s Mildot or duplex.

My scope is duplex. It has the tall caps. Sorry for the crappy pic. The only one I have on my phone.

Attachments

• scope3.jpg
    scope3.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 95
Yeah it being duplex will hurt it a little. I've picked them up for as low as $200 but those were bargains. I'd say $300 is a fair price shipping included that's typically what you see them for on here, eBay, and GB.

Personally though I'd just hang onto it to put in a hunting rifle or something down the road or pick a rifle to get an upgrade to that if you have others with lower end scopes.

Yeah it being duplex will hurt it a little. I've picked them up for as low as $200 but those were bargains. I'd say $300 is a fair price shipping included that's typically what you see them for on here, eBay, and GB.

Personally though I'd just hang onto it to put in a hunting rifle or something down the road or pick a rifle to get an upgrade to that if you have others with lower end scopes.

Thanks for the info redneck