• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is this a good deal on a NF 3.5-15x50 NSX?

Wicked Weapons

GunPlumber
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2010
Ohio
Pretty sure I've likely just 'scrapped' a Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 scope. It's less than a year old with about 1500 rounds in an Aadmount on a WOA 5.56 SDM barreled upper that shoots just under 1MOA. Mostly used prone shooting steel to 600+ and a bit of coyote hunting. Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-15x 50mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments

After today's range session, the elevation turret now spins freely, with no tactile clicks. Also both the rings with the origin mark on the elevation and windage turret will spin/rotate on the turret barrel. Impossible to tell where I've dialed when the origin moves. Appears the rings were only lightly glued in place. I know it's not a deployment quality optic but reviews are pretty good for this scope w/ 30mm tube, FFP, mil/mil, 50mm objective, illum EMDR, locking resetable turrets, ect. For $800 bucks I'm disappointed. That said, I was fairly happy with how it tracked even though the clicks were mushy. I don't have the original box or the receipt but hope I can get warranty service. My confidence in this scope is now crushed.

After hours of OCD induced internet searching I am considering a Nightforce #C133 3.5-15x50 NSX to replace it. It does not have FFP or mil/mil but I can do without them in trade for confidence in the brand. This scope appears to be super competitively priced at euro optic: Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 Zero Stop NP-R1 C133 On Sale Not lying, the low price there compared to other NF at any other dealer is very attractive. Don't want to get burned again with cheap scopes, but NF is NF and the price is outstanding. Is there some reason this scope is almost $450 less than MSRP? Does not appear to be a demo or used. What am I missing?

Guess I'm looking for input as to: (1.) why this would not be a suitable optic for my needs and (2.) is this really the good deal it appears?

Looks to be a good deal, they have a sale going on, my 3.5-15X50 zero stop moar reticle was $1700, guess it lists for $1798 at Euro but for $1250, that's tempting

Last edited:
I put an order in for one of these a couple weeks ago when I made a road trip to Eurooptic to look at Manners stocks. After I'd made up my mind on what stock I wanted and paid for it, the sales guy (Jason) and I were talking a bit and he mentioned that they (Eurootic) had these coming in and had a blowout price on them. He made a phone call while I was there and indicated they were to ship the first week of April, so I ordered one. I see on their website that you can "add to cart", so that would indicate to me they have them in stock now. Hopefully mine gets here this week. For a new NF 3.5-15x50 with HS turrets and ZS, I don't know where a person could do better. Of course the NPR-1 reticle and MOA adjustments won't suit everyone, but for my application will be just fine.

Last edited:
When the folks at Eurooptics move inventory, they dont mess around. You can find top notch items at MAP or clearance pricing as new items are added to the menu. As for that scope its just as you stated in your post, Moa/moa SFP. Most shooters are dead set on FFP mil/mil, hst. But compared to your last scope, the glass is night and day.

I have not purchased any high ticket items form them but some accessories, and service/ comms were excellent.

Just an update to my earlier reply. My scope was delivered Tuesday. Still waiting for the Tenebraex covers, so the NF bikinis will do for now.

Mounted it up last evening & planning to go shoot this weekend. It's going to be like a totally different rifle with the stock and scope upgrades!

WW, if you like the NPR-1 reticle and MOA adjustments, I think this is a can't-miss deal.

Last edited:
Got my scope yesterday. Mounting it up today and hopefully shooting Saturday. This thing is a precision tank and I'm not sorry one bit that I spent the coin.