• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Is this a Warne base? 20moa?

Russ D

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2010
MD
www.mdshooters.com
The guy I got the rifle from has no clue. I asked if it was 20moa and he said he thought it was. Any way to know for sure? I looked through pics and it looks like a Warne to me.

2012-06-03_21-11-02_839.jpg

2012-06-03_21-11-17_212.jpg

Re: Is this a Warne base? 20moa?

You can measure with calipers to find out. It's a little hard to see from those angles. Could be a 15 MOA or a 25 MOA also. Hard to tell the brand. Definatly not NF, EGW, or Weaver

Take a picture straight from the side. Thats the view we need. The back should be noticeable higher.

If its a 20 MOA the back will be 29-30 thousandths taller than the front.

Looks like a Warne to me (or if its not its pretty much identical!). Put the edge of a ruler on top of the base, you should visually be able to see it angling down towards the barrel at least giving you a clue as to if its got cant built in or not.

That makes sense. I guess any straight edge should angle down and eventually touch the barrel if long enough. If it is 20MOA is there any reason to upgrade it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Russ D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That makes sense. I guess any straight edge should angle down and eventually touch the barrel if long enough. If it is 20MOA is there any reason to upgrade it? </div></div>

To be fair Warne makes a good tactical rail, for me no reason to upgrade if it gives you the elevation you require.

I can't eyeball a known 20 MOA base right now, but that slope looks consistent.

It has a slope, I just cannot quantify it.