• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Is this brass reloadable?

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
I have access to a large quantitiy of Federal Premium Law Enforcement Ammunition BallistiClean RHT 42 grain product code BC223NT5

The head stamp reads FC NT 223 REM.

I want to stock up on the fired brass if it is reloadable to fire FMJ rounds.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jack

Re: Is this brass reloadable?

In order to answer that question honestly, I would have to fire and reload it at least 12 times to determine its relodabiliy. As I'm just across the state from you, I'm sure shipping it over would be an inconsequential expense: in the interests of research of course...

Seriously I don't know. If it is boxer primed, you should have no worries.

How much access are we talking anyway, mon Frer?

40,000 rounds. and we have thrown away so much it makes me sick now thinking about it. I am not reloading yet. But I have a bucket of .308 and a bucket of .223 that I have saved up.
I have 8#'s of Varget and 1k of Federal 210M and 1K of 168 AMAX on back order... Hoping to get started.... maybe we can work something out????

Can you source some of that out to me? Either caliber, I'll provide some report on how it handles in my presses.

If it's boxer primed, can you send some of it our way?

Ok from all of the responses I take it that this stuff is reloadable and i have a seet deal right now. Yeah I fianlly win, something.

Thanks.
Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok from all of the responses I take it that this stuff is reloadable and i have a seet deal right now. Yeah I fianlly win, something.

Thanks.
Jack </div></div>

You could thank us for our help by letting us help you dispose of say... 2000 cases apiece?
laugh.gif

Good to hear lucky stuff like this still happens today, PD's are getting more and more strict about stuff going into the "trash"

I hope the "thrown away" you mention was a scrap yard!

At 40K, I'd be interested in 500-1000 also, NOT for free but be warned that I *can* try to be cheap.

My last 500 of FC once-fired had about 100 of other stuff mixed in, and a bit of a misunderstanding about the chamber on that (now-replaced) barrel has led to the next reload probably being the last... And I started by trimming and deburring flash holes on ALL of them!

Guys,
I do not have 40K worth of brass. The PD has 40K live rounds in stock for training. As far asI know I am the only one who will reload so instead of the dumpster I will take it for future Training....

Sounds good to me...

Still, I would do and say nothing to upset the fates that have endowed you with this good fortune.

Once fired brass is a resource that some of us eye lustily! Especially when it is verifiably "once" fired!

You'll soon find 1000 primers is a small amount indeed. Bullets, of course, are essential so keep adding to your stock as funds permit.

Congratulations on your windfall. If you find yourself in Tampa, with an assload of gas mileage robbing .308 brass weighing down your vehicle, I would be happy to relieve you of your burden.

As an added bonus, Mrs. QQ cooks Italian and Cuban to beat the band! It would be the least I could do!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mrs. QQ cooks Italian and Cuban to beat the band! </div></div>

What, no whale blubber sandwichs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
I do not have 40K worth of brass. The PD has 40K live rounds in stock for training. As far asI know I am the only one who will reload so instead of the dumpster I will take it for future Training....

Sounds good to me... </div></div>

I don't mean for free, I'd be willing to send you something for it. It's a sure windfall for you, if you can swing it, any and all of us would certainly help you dispose of it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mrs. QQ cooks Italian and Cuban to beat the band! </div></div>

What, no whale blubber sandwichs? </div></div>

No, that's what she uses to fry the calamari! Whale meat is food: the blubber is parmaceti! (Oil)

Check the flash hole diameter once you deprime one.
The NT stands for non-toxic and may have a Larger diameter flash hole than normal in order to handle the pressure from the non-toxic primers.
At least this is what I have read about 45ACP cartridges.

IMO it is well worth the try to reload it, just start low and work up on your powder charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40,000 rounds. and we have thrown away so much it makes me sick now thinking about it. I am not reloading yet. But I have a bucket of .308 and a bucket of .223 that I have saved up.
I have 8#'s of Varget and 1k of Federal 210M and 1K of 168 AMAX on back order... Hoping to get started.... maybe we can work something out???? </div></div>

Hmmm, looks like you're long on powder, and short on everything else. If it's bolt guns, Varget is da dookie. For semi's H4895 or Ramshot TAC

Jack,
I have shot quite a bit of this stuff, and it does have a large flash hole FWIW. You will also notice that the primers are crimped in. I really don't know the effects that the larger flash hole will have, as I have not tried to reload it.

The .223, 40 cal, and 45 (the only ones I have used) all have a large flash hole for the reason posted above BTW.