• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Is This How You Figure Scope Dope Rem 700 .223 ?

Strip Poker 388

Rob Stringer
Minuteman
I am new to all this.So I'm I figuring this right? <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Drop/Inch's divided by the MOA= scopedope in clicks of MOA.</span></span></span>Is this how you figure the drop from the ballistic chart,I'm trying to make out a scope dope card,I guessing this will at least get me on the paper? Barrel lengths is main thing Different.

I know I need to shoot it to find out the right dope.so far its Right on at 200yards.

I have a Remington 700 1 &12 twist,Var/bull barrel 26inch,
Black Hills ammo is the reman match 52 grain amax bullet blue box.Blackhills said they had there test rifle mounted to a fixture and prob a 24 inch barrel,the tech people(2) were not real sure
frown.gif

Hey thanks for any advice/suggestions etc.Or if anybody that has the same gun may have something close?

Rob Stringer
grin.gif

SCOPEDOPE2230001Custom2CustomCustom.jpg

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/H..._upload_approve

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/Hustler388/Rem%20700%20223%20scope%20dope/

Re: Is This How You Figure Scope Dope Rem 700 .223 ?

isn't column 5, Bullet Path(1 MoA) giving you MOA up?

dial that and win!

Also, you are at 1500 ASL, but are at 29.53Hg.?

guessing you need to study up on corrected vs. uncorrected barometrec Pressure

I think you pretty much have it but I thought I would write just to make sure we are on the same page. If you take you target range in yards and divide it by 100 and then multiply by 1.0472 that will give you the length of 1 MOA at that distance, you then divide your bullet drop by the distance and presto you have your scope adjustment in MOA.

Example:
Distance of 575 yards divided by 100 = 5.75
5.75 X 1.0472 = 6.021 This means 1 MOA at 575 yards is 6.021 inches.
Your drop at 575 yards is 84.79 inches. 84.79 inches divided by 6.021 = 14.082
This means you scope adjustment is 14.082 MOA at that distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ida83704</div><div class="ubbcode-body">isn't column 5, Bullet Path(1 MoA) giving you MOA up?

dial that and win!

Also, you are at 1500 ASL, but are at 29.53Hg.?

guessing you need to study up on corrected vs. uncorrected barometric Pressure </div></div>

I'm at 290ft alt,not sure on the bro hg.high and lows

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Question</span></span> what difference could it be from one end of the normal barometric to the other.Sunny cool and cloudy and damp,Would it be less that 1 MOA in POI???

Ive got alot to learn.I just started shooting last year.

Thanks
Rob
grin.gif

i agree never think in clicks always think in moa's
watch this video it might help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA2PZBD5Tjg also every gun will shoot different so its hard to go off a chart that isnt your own. start your own data book and every time you take a shot at certain distances write everything that u did down, like wind direction/wind spd etc. i hope this helps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i agree never think in clicks always think in moa's
watch this video it might help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA2PZBD5Tjg also every gun will shoot different so its hard to go off a chart that isnt your own. start your own data book and every time you take a shot at certain distances write everything that u did down, like wind direction/wind spd etc. i hope this helps </div></div>

Thanks for the link,ill take a look and try to learn more about MOA,I have a general idea,just have to figure or write down when I'm figuring the MOA at what distance when I'm out shooting,I'm cheating some with the dope card,I was just thinking if this chart could get me on the paper,would save time and ammo missing it.I have a good data log book. I'm recording all the conditions and gun,the breaking of the barrel and round count.

I dont have many places I can shoot,local range is 300y,so I dont get to shoot much,2 hours ride for 500yard,I just bought the 223,Also got a pepeatible scope,My rem 308 just like this one I have my data out to 500.

Thanks
Rob
grin.gif

Yeah just make sure you break in that barrel real good
wink.gif

Do you have a iPhone, iPod, Andriod or anything like that? If so then get a ballistic calculator. If your looking to be more precise a Kestrel is a really good investment. If not then you could also take a look at the FDAC and see if they have something that will work for you. A good ballistic calculator and learning how to use it properly will put you on paper alot faster and further than doing it without it. If your counting clicks then your more likely to screw it up the further out you go. Just use the numbers on the turrets thats what their there for. Keep a data book with your dope and all the information you can put in it. Also using another persons drop might get you close but you'd be better off looking up the local conditions and entering everything into JBM and printing it off. You can set it up to give you the drop and wind corrections in MOA. Then you don't have to waste your time doing the math.