• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Is this ok for new can

moochy28

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Maryville,Tn.
Just got this from the manufacturer. And after taking out of box found a few issues. This is only my third can I have owned..
All baffles have metal filings like picture 5&6
The threads have rough spots on threads from top to bottom.
Blast chamber is machined rough looks like a dull cutter was used.
Is this acceptable?? Will the shavings cause baffle strikes? And will the rough machining cause excess carbon build up??I have called the manufacturer and waiting for reponse.
photobucket-40513-1362153758477_zps03d4fa84.jpg

photobucket-40499-1362153630220_zpsebf37547.jpg

photobucket-7956-1362151339787_zps277d4b56.jpg

photobucket-11423-1362151328212_zps423678f3.jpg

photobucket-39505-1362151279633_zps2cc2ed9c.jpg

photobucket-7823-1362151258007_zpse94c2b73.jpg

photobucket-9395-1362151208253_zps5219c1b4.jpg

photobucket-9164-1362151189680_zps7f25becc.jpg

Last edited:
You should be able to get those shavings out with a small magnet or by hit the female end on a phone book. They might fall right out. Keep some needle nose pliers near you to fish them out. As long as it threads on without binding you are ok.
I would still contact the maker and tell them you are dissapointed with the internal machining and the fact that they didnt even clean it out before shipping it. That is not a very professional way to send something out, CQ should have caught that.

I agree.... I'd express my disappointment in their finished product.
If it were something we can buy off the shelf... I probably wouldn't mind so much, but the idea of paying for an item plus $200 for a tax stamp and wait for 6 to 7 months to get in your possession to find and see all that sh*t in there. I'd be going ape sh*t right now, but that's just me...

Be nice I guess... I hope they work it out for you.

My YHM Phantom looked just like this, i had my brother use his metal works tools to file and smooth it out.
Shot it while it was still (roughed?) and never had a problem. as tolerance vary in everything, your milage may vary in terms of clearance and safety

Those are such small burrs they'll erode right off and won't affect anything. It does say something about the manufacturer, though.

Those are pretty big burrs for QC to miss, but ID clearance is somewhere around .040"or so?? Shouldn't be an issue. Definitely call Manufacturer to let them know. By the way, Make Model? Use a small rat tail file to take 'em off unless u want to wait and send it back, but I wouldn't wait.

Those are pretty big burrs for QC to miss, but ID clearance is somewhere around .040"or so?? Shouldn't be an issue. Definitely call Manufacturer to let them know. By the way, Make Model? Use a small rat tail file to take 'em off unless u want to wait and send it back, but I wouldn't wait.

Yes because your warranty and 7 months of waiting don't mean diddly shit!
Call the maker and ask them to fix it and get it back to you promptly. Be nice with them, give them the opportunity to make it right.

I talked to the manufacturer and am shipping the can back so they can take look at it. Will let you all know what comes about.

I'm 100% sure you'll be taken care of, I know the manufacturer. They run a small crew and put a lot of man hours to keep up with the high demand.

Last edited: