• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes is this Trijicon ACOG a good scope to put o a LWRC I'm getting

Blasst

Sergeant
Minuteman
It comes with the gun.....Anybody have experience with e....good stuff or what?

The Trijicon ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) is a fixed power, compact riflescope with an illuminated reticle pattern for use in bright to low/no light. The ACOG is designed to be extremely durable and reliable. Combining traditional, precise distance marksmanship with CQB speed, many variants include a bullet drop compensated (BDC) reticle. Every feature of its design was chosen for a single purpose: to provide increased hit potential in all lighting conditions.

TRI ACOG 4x32mm Dual Illumination Scope Calibrated For Flat Top .223 Rifles Chevron With Green Dot Reticle Black Finish ACOG Dual Illumination Scope With TA51 Mount Chevron BAC Flattop Reticle- includes Flat Top Adapter. Chevron reticle is designed to be zeroed using the tip at 100 meters. Width of the chevron at the base is 5.53 MOA which is 19 inches at 300 meters. Allows range estimation for silhouette targets. Features dual illumination (Fiber optics provides daylight illumination and tritium illuminates reticle at night).

I ran an ACOG in the sandbox and then purchased one for my LWRC M6A2 when I got back. Excellent optic. Great glass and extremely durable. However some people don't use it properly and feel it isn't a good multitasker...(CQB and longer range). It is perfectly capable to handle both equally quite well. I was sent to an ACOG instructor course and have some material to share if you are not that versed in its use. Either way, get what you would feel most comfortable with and like. ACOGs aren't for everyone.

Tapatalk2

I bought mine after a returning veteran pointed one out at the range and said that ACOG was one of the best pieces of equipment we were issued. I have mine on a 12.5" LWRC SBR in 6.8 and it works well for me on man size targets to 350 yards (max effective range 6.8 spc) and for hunting to 150 yards.

I have same one on my HK 556. Perfect mate for that platform, but as mentioned above you need to know how to use the calibrations correctly.

Have 2 and love both. Best scope made for the AR-15 if you ask me.

Buy the TA11-j-g, it has near 4 inches eye relief and super bright green trijicon along with a nice crosshair.

I ran an ACOG in the sandbox and then purchased one for my LWRC M6A2 when I got back. Excellent optic. Great glass and extremely durable. However some people don't use it properly and feel it isn't a good multitasker...(CQB and longer range). It is perfectly capable to handle both equally quite well. I was sent to an ACOG instructor course and have some material to share if you are not that versed in its use. Either way, get what you would feel most comfortable with and like. ACOGs aren't for everyone.

Tapatalk2

PM sent..........

Hey I would like to get a copy of the acog info you talked about. I have two and dont mind learning new tricks.

+2 on that ACOG instructor material. I love my TA-11 but would of course like to be better with it.

my first scope on the ar15 was the Eotech , but sold it to fund the Acog, i love it, i can shoot holdover 600+ yards with 55gr no problem .....and save some money on the battery :D

I have a 4 power ta 31f with the red chevron mounted on my colt 6940. I think this is one of the best optics out there for a 16 inch 5.56 carbine. while it is not the best at everything it does everything real well. I can make an accurate shot on deer easy out to the effective range on such animal and bring heat on a coyotes butt at 250 yds . at 100 yds and under I have made many head shots on small game. sure its not as fast as my aimpoint but its close and combined with the quality of the glass and built like a tank an acog is pretty hard to beat .