• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is this tyrannical overreach?

Dunraven

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
The Chumleys will be prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter in Michigan. Will this be a precedent? Is this just a liberal activist judge?

Maybe the parents failed this child in some ways, but does it rise to the level of 4 felony counts?

There are horrendous gun crimes commited every day by juveniles in the inner cities. I cannot recall one case of the parents being arrested for it(if they can be located). Instead they're given the proverbial pat on the head and turned loose to commit more crimes.

So, is this anything more than the left's anti-gun movement? Prosecute everyone in sight and hope something sticks? I fully expect them to go after the gun manufacturer now.

I'll add that many states have statutes that allow prosecutors to go after parents who give firearm access to juveniles. According to the law, the parents are the responsible parties...

Thats a VERY slippery slope. I agree that the parents should have been smart enough to see the writing on the wall, especially in today's climate. Should they be charged? Slippery slope not unlike Remington getting sued for Sandy Hook.