• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is TRG 22 Stock the same as TRG 42?

Re: Is TRG 22 Stock the same as TRG 42?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're confused. But you're asking so that's good.

TRG22 is a Short action,, .338LM is a Long Action and a long chubby F'ing round based on a .416 Rigby case.

You need a completely separate rifle in a TRG42 (long) action with it's magazines or another custom in a different stock or chassis.

If you had a TRG42 in .300 Win mag, a bolt, magazine and barrel change and you could switch to .338LM. By the time you pay smithing fee's and waiting to get the parts you'd probably be money ahead buying another TRG42 in .338LM.

SAKO parts are not inexpensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I'm understanding you correctly, you're confused, but you're asking so that's good.

TRG22 is a Short action,, .338LM is a Long Action and a long chubby F'ing round based on a .416 Rigby case.

You need a completely separate rifle in a TRG42 (long) action with it's magazines or another custom in a different stock or chassis.

If you had a TRG42 in .300 Win mag, a bolt, magazine and barrel change and you could switch to .338LM</div></div>

Let me clarify: If I had a Tan TRG 22 (308) sitting next to a black TRG 42 (338), could I switch the TRG 42 to tan and the TRG 22 to black?

Ok..I wasn't sure if that's what you were asking.

I'll have to wait for someone else to definitely chime in as I don't have my TRG22 any longer to try the swap.

I'm thinking the bolt spaces in the chasis and skins won't match up from the short & long action. Might be better to paint or have someone cerakote your black setup. The front grip section is shorter on the TRG22 as well IIRC.

Butt stock swap is no issue it's the receiver forward section that would be the issue.

IMG_0240.jpg

I am not sure because of the action screws are in different places because one a short action and one a long action. Since you have both see where the action screw are on the rifles.

The butt stock and forearm are separate from the bedding of the action. I included a picture of my TRG 42 .300 win mag I hope it helps some.

Buttstock will, forearm are different lengths

I can also confirm that forende are different. Rear stocks are the same.