ISO: Left Hand Shotgun

Nicholas Borne

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2020
From a Lefty who has formerly owned a LH shotgun, have you had one before? and why do you want one that's Lefty?

MNhunter1

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2020
I'm a lefty and shoot all RH shotguns. That being said, I've been seriously looking at the Savage 220 LH to replace my 870 Super Slug. I believe Savage offers both the 212 and 220 in LH options.

Nicholas Borne

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2020
I was just curious. I used to have a lefty Rem870. I switched back about 10-12 yrs ago. I realized I could identify stoppages in the ejection port and manipulate the bolt/clear malfunctions without losing my master grip. most shotguns now you can reverse the safety for lefty. I have no experience with the Savage line. Hope you find what you are looking for.

houndog

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
May 6, 2005
So I assume you are looking for a tactical shotgun, not a trap or skeet gun.

BisSilent

Trailer Park Engineer
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2020
Being a lefty and shooting a right handed shotgun all my life I decided to get a southpaw shotgun when I started hunting geese 10 years ago. I purchased a super black eagle II. I would rather have a right handed shotgun with the left handed buttpad....still!!!!

bhoges

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2003
Plainview,NY
I agree get a right hand shotgun. Its easy to load and clear when the port is on your side. I have a LH 11-87 trap but I prefer RH models. With my 870 Police I'm able to load and shoot faster then a righty since my hand doesn't leave the grip.

Disfunctional_Engineer

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
Lefty here. I grew up shooting a Ithaca 37 I inherited from my grandfather. Dad changed the safety over to LH and I changed it back to RH for my son.

Bottom eject and there are a variety barrel configurations. Four generations and 57 years later it’s still going strong.

Second this. My 1947 vintage 37 is still going awesome. And it slam fires if I'm not wanting to be too serious.

Reactions: Chopperguy

runtime

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I switched to LH shot guns, got tired of occasionally getting debris in my eyes from the ejection port when hunting into the wind.

Reactions: NorthWesterner

kingalw

Shooter
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2009
STL, MO
What is the issue with Benelli? I have an M2 and SBE2 in LH. Excellent guns. I switched because of debris in the eyes as well. Bought the M2 when they first came out and haven't looked back.