• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ISO LH 700 BDL L/A Stock

Rjtfd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2022
NJ
Hi,
I am new to the forum just found it. I am looking for a left hand 700 BDL L/A stock. I recently put a crack in mine on my last hunting trip. I’m trying to stay original.
Thanks for letting me join

Attachments

• 3CBA138E-3636-468D-B9E9-5F52E18C10A4.jpeg
    3CBA138E-3636-468D-B9E9-5F52E18C10A4.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 72BC616C-A6A4-4B7A-B27A-901A7566579C.jpeg
    72BC616C-A6A4-4B7A-B27A-901A7566579C.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 9E58C38D-33FE-4FF0-A0C2-432575A14615.jpeg
    9E58C38D-33FE-4FF0-A0C2-432575A14615.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 28
I know you said you want to stay original, but you could buy a walnut or laminate from Stocky’s for a very reasonable price. They also have bedding blocks in them.

Reactions: Rjtfd
Yeah I’ve seen a few walnut sticks from different manufacturers. Right now I guess the gun has a lot of sentimental value so I’m trying to just keep it as original as possible. I know I could also get it repaired but the cost may be more than the gun and finish will probably change from the Remington epoxy finish.

I’d give gorilla wood glue a try. If it’s broken enough you can get it in the stock that is and not just a hairline crack. It’ll foam a bit but once hardened you can trim it.

I’ve got an anschutz that’s from the 50s that the butts broken off in the grip right under the rear screw like yours 3x now. Glue it all up inside and put a clamp on it to dry and it’ll work again. Figure out how to clamp before you glue and make a mess figuring it out. The problem comes when I kick it and knock it over yet again and it breaks in different spot. The glue joints have all held during falls, it’s the rest of the wood that cracks next time I knock it off the bench.

I haven’t pulled off the action so not really sure how deep it is. It’s only on one side where bolt notch is. It looks very tight so I was gonna try to see if I could open a little and get some epoxy in it?

You may be able to drill and pin it . Depending on what the stock looks like when you take barreled action out , you may be able to pin it withot any exposed repairs . If not you can use hardwood dowel and stain it same as stock or use brass and let it show or recess a little below the surface and fill the hole to match the walnut of the stock . Wood glue is great for clamped pieces , as a filler of voids not so great so I switch to epoxy for anything I can't clamp . Just food for thought .

Last edited:
He makes it look easy. I haven’t taken the stock apart from the action. I will definitely take a look and see if I can epoxy it. May have to live with the scratch and chip at the butt. Something to talk about down the road.

This may be closer to what your stock needs.