• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ISO Model 70 gunsmith

7mm-08 Freak

Medic
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
San Angelo TX
Looking for a true Winchester Riflesmith to build on a Montana 1999 action (M70 clone) Somebody that really likes them. It would seem 99% of the people building guns want to build on a Remington action...Guess I am just odd

I have 2 m70 rifles built by LRI.

Here is my 6.5cm. The 300wsm is identical except it's a 24" Proof and has a NX8 on it.

20210914_164948.jpg

Reactions: Shootnwrench
Many can do a really great job. Have seen in person the LRI and Crescent Customs work

LRI does some cool stuff.

Look for Chad’s video of truing one up on his 5 axis machine. Its pretty awesome to watch.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Moon from Crescent Customs is working on one for me currently. I researched smiths for my build two years ago. I came up with the same 3 guys. I just chose moon, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the three. Best of luck.

Last edited:
For my first one I was going to have Moon build. Then something happened and all my parts showed up ahead of time and I had the chance to hunt that season instead of the next year as I had thought.

I knew Chad's, LRI, reputation for work and turn around times so I called and explained what I had going on. Sure enough he said he would get it back in time to hunt. So 12 days after I mailed my parts off I had it show back up at my house. After that I am a customer for life.

As said above. I don't think you can go wrong with Moon, SAC or LRI.