• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ISO Norma Brass .270 win

WinMag531

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2018
Hey guys looking for some good quality brass for my .270 win , Norma or nosler what's out there?

If this is for a hunting Rifle, Graf's has Starline 270 Win.brass in stock right now for .60¢ ea. Your Norma, Nosler, Peterson brass will be double that, if you can find it.

I've been reloading for the 270 Win since the mid 1970's and have used 3, 270 Rifles over the last 4 decades. I've used all of the regular US brands of brass and the ammunition made has taken a good number of Deer, Hogs and a couple antelope. I still have 2 of the three Rifles.

If I was starting out, I would just buy a couple hundred Starline 270 cases. I don't really see the need for the other brass that costs twice as much, unless you're loading for a competition gun.

Reactions: WinMag531
Im using nosler brass -and been much happier with it over the winchester before that- but it also wasnt nearly as expensive as what I just saw googling it a few years back when I grabbed mine. The starline recommendation is a fine choice as well.

Well I've never he
If this is for a hunting Rifle, Graf's has Starline 270 Win.brass in stock right now for .60¢ ea. Your Norma, Nosler, Peterson brass will be double that, if you can find it.

I've been reloading for the 270 Win since the mid 1970's and have used 3, 270 Rifles over the last 4 decades. I've used all of the regular US brands of brass and the ammunition made has taken a good number of Deer, Hogs and a couple antelope. I still have 2 of the three Rifles.

If I was starting out, I would just buy a couple hundred Starline 270 cases. I don't really see the need for the other brass that costs twice as much, unless you're loading for a competition gun.

Well thanks for the reccomendations, I've never heard of starline haven't done any research on them, I know nosler/norma are solid, and I've got over 2k into this hunting rifle not including the glass that's taken me 3 years to put together just trying to build the most accurate loads possible is all. I've used remington brass for years and my favorite load fir deer sized game is 130 grain bt nosler yellow tip with 57 grains of 4831 , I'm trying to see what I can get out of my rifle. I'm a member of a club here in my home state and we have over 1000 yards and I've shot 1050 with my win mag , not saying I want to stretch my 270 out that far but sure would be cool to shoot sub moa at 400 yards

Starline has a good reputation. I took a look on the web for 270 brass. There doesn't seem to be a much in stock. Graf's only charges about $14.00 for shipping no matter how much. If you decide on the Starline, I wouldn't wait too long. You could also order some other stuff. I used them recently for some Barnes Varmint Grenades. They has the lowest price.

My current Deer load is a Barnes 110 Gr. TTSX using 58.0 grs. of IMR 4451. Chrono's out to about 3250 FPS and it shoots 1 MOA out to 300 yards.

I stopped using the Nosler Ballistic tip years ago due to it blowing up and ruining meat. I like the bonded or Partition bullets along with the mono bullets for hunting.

Starline has a good reputation. I took a look on the web for 270 brass. There doesn't seem to be a much in stock. Graf's only charges about $14.00 for shipping no matter how much. If you decide on the Starline, I wouldn't wait too long. You could also order some other stuff. I used them recently for some Barnes Varmint Grenades. They has the lowest price.

My current Deer load is a Barnes 110 Gr. TTSX using 58.0 grs. of IMR 4451. Chrono's out to about 3250 FPS and it shoots 1 MOA out to 300 yards.

I stopped using the Nosler Ballistic tip years ago due to it blowing up and ruining meat. I like the bonded or Partition bullets along with the mono bullets for hunting.
My local cabelas has a few bags of that starline, I'd try it if I knew it was better than remington, I know hornady is better than rem, I'll agree with you on the ballistic tip ruining meat. Don't hit em in the shoulder or you can definetly plan on it being f-ed

Starline is MUCH higher quality brass than Nosler and Norma, which are both known for being super soft and routinely out of dimension.

Its also much cheaper.

I just scored a bag of starline, local place is gonna hold it overnight while I work I'll grab it and load some tomarrow I'm messing with bullet seating currently

Reactions: BCP