• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ISO original 1903 A4 scope mount

crazyjones

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2018
I was super fortunate last year at the CMP store during the national matches and purchased an all original 1903A4. It's a bit of an odd one since the stock appears to have been lacquered. I have purchased a scope to match the production timeframe of the rifle and I have a set of original rings. What I am struggling to find is the base. I know there are reproduction ones around, but I would really like to have an all original rifle at the end of it since it isn't a repro. I have tried eBay a few times and even purchased one, but it turned out to be for a different action. does anyone know of someone that might be able to find one? Thanks

The CMP forum is probably your best bet for that kind of part. Good luck with your search.

Reactions: crazyjones
There are a number of guys on GB that traffic in these parts. A Redfield marked base will run you $4-500, and an unmarked Lyman will run at least $300. All depending on condition too.

Reactions: crazyjones