• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issue with Garmin 701

Devildog

Professional Nail Bender
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 24, 2013
    The Land of Oz
    My problem is I can connect my 701 to the computer using the Garmin connect app. The app lights up a green dot and it will update if there is an update to be had so I know the connection between the two works.

The problem is when I go to the AB loader my profiles show up on the computer and the Garmin (in the program) but when you build a new profile and send it to the Garmin it’ll show that it transferred to the Garmin on the computer and both sides (computer and 701) show the same profiles. When you look on the Garmin itself the new profiles aren’t there. If you look in the 701 profile folder the profiles are all there but they will not transfer to the Garmin. FYI I’m not computer wiz, any help is appreciate. Thanks

Last edited:
    Try restarting the 701 after you transfer the profiles. It may need to reboot to pick up the new ones.
    Thanks, I’ve tried that. I wiped the software off my computer and reinstalled it. Nothing I do seems to work. Maybe I can get @DocUSMCRetired to jump in and help another Marine and loyal AB user!

What folder are you selecting with the profile loader? You have to make sure you pick the right folder to drop the profiles into before transfering them. Then you must restart the device for them to show up.

What folder are you selecting with the profile loader? You have to make sure you pick the right folder to drop the profiles into before transfering them. Then you must restart the device for them to show up.
    thanks for the reply, without going into a lot of detail I found that i was trying to dump my profiles in the wrong folder. Got it working, I knew it was something I was doing wrong, thanks for your help. Much appreciate. FYI I went to a class taught by one of your guys Chris Wiencke, wish I knew how to contact him and say thanks it was a great class. You guys at AB are class acts. Thanks again, Semper Fi

thanks for the reply, without going into a lot of detail I found that i was trying to dump my profiles in the wrong folder. Got it working, I knew it was something I was doing wrong, thanks for your help. Much appreciate. FYI I went to a class taught by one of your guys Chris Wiencke, wish I knew how to contact him and say thanks it was a great class. You guys at AB are class acts. Thanks again, Semper Fi

I can let him know. Glad to be of help, and I hope you have a good hunting season.