• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issue zeroing Eotech Vudu 5-25

Prophet1776

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2023
Elizabeth City NC
I just bought a Eotech Vudu 5-25x50 second hand. I mounted it on my 308 bolt gun using a NF 34mm mount. I torqued everything to specs. I went to zero it but I don’t have enough clearance to dial down. I need to come down 6mils. I looked through the manual and it doesn’t have anything for this issue. I did reach out to Eotech, but no reply as of now. If you guys have any advice. Thanks in advance.

What E5I said...pg 14 of your manual.

Vudu Zero Stop.JPG

Reactions: EchoFiveIndia
Kind of an unusual problem. Did You buy the Bighorn TL3 new ? Confirm the pinned rail, on a TL3 it Could be anything from '0' to '40' moa up.
Can you reverse the rail? Get a new '0' rail and make sure the mount doesn't have any built in cant.

Wonder why the Prophet didn't see it coming. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Even if there is cant that’s super odd you are unable to sight in. I would almost bet you have cant in both the mount and base. The very front of your rail on the top , should say what it is.

Attachments

• 6A1B7B70-B800-4AB0-9EA7-6EEA1BD2A1CE.jpeg
    6A1B7B70-B800-4AB0-9EA7-6EEA1BD2A1CE.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 63
with 34mil 40moa wouldn't cause this problem whether forwards or backwards

it's almost like you have a 40moa rail and 40moa base

You need to start from 6 MIL distance, with 308win it is about 700-yard ish :D
Just kidding, i would say that there is a problem on the scope turret, send it to the manufacturer, it need to be fixed.
If that scope is 29 MRAD elevation, normally that is about half you got after the zero set.
Now 20 MOA rail gives + 6 MRAD, so it would be 20,5 MRAD.
Something is really fucked if you have 34 MRAD elevation and you are not able to set the zero in to a 100-yards.
I bet that scope is broken.
Have you asked that old owner, did hi had issue with the scope?

I appreciate all the replies. I purchased a 0 MOA rail. Hopefully that fixes the issue. I also sent in a request to eotech to see if the optic is messed up. I’ll post an update. Really appreciate all the help.

Reactions: stanley_white
i'd be looking at something beyond the rail. a 40moa rail works on scopes with like 26-28mils travel easily

Update:
Eotech has the optic and is checking it out. They have had great customer service so far. I threw on my NF 4-16 with a 0 MOA mount onto the rifle which has a 20 MOA rail. Had multiple people bore sight and laser sight the rifle at 100m. After making adjustments to get it on paper. Fire off first round its 8mils high. I have tried multiple optics on this gun and the out come is the same. The Zermatt action was checked by Zermatt, which has phenomenal customer service as well, and it has a brand new proof carbon barrel on it. I have no clue what’s going on nor have I ever seen this before. I have tried 0 MOA and 20MOA mounts and 0 MOA and 20MOA rails.