• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issues Falkor ejecting 6 dasher

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Just finished my new rifle and having issues with ejection. The cases barely eject, like dribble out of the action and probably 1-2 per magazine don’t eject and just fall back into the action. Not sure how to post videos here but using my phone to video it looks like the ejector is unloaded before the case gets into the ejection port. Not sure how best to describe it but the case neck pushes out into the bolt raceway and there is no more pressure from the ejector to kick it out it appears.

Ejector plunger moves smoothly and seems to have plenty of pressure, no burrs that I can see on extractor or bolt face.

Build is Falkor 7even action with proof prefit 6 dasher

I have a bighorn tl2 in 6br and had an archimedes in 6br with no feeding/ejection issues, so kinda at a loss.

Any tips or tricks?

You could try modifying the ejector plunger to be able to “extend” further out from the bolt face. May also be worth checking the extractor to make sure it has full range of motion/proper tension. Otherwise, call Falkor and see what they can do, if anything.

You have it diagnosed correctly though… case is too short so when it’s pulled out into the raceway, there’s not enough pressure on the case head and it can basically just fall out of the extractor.

Not trying to take any digs here but there is a reason that most guys stick to the tried and true options, especially for BR based stuff.

Reactions: spife7980
How do you modify the plunger???

Yeah, maybe I should have gone with an impact but dang this Falkor is slick. I got bit by the new and shiny :)

How do you modify the plunger???

Yeah, maybe I should have gone with an impact but dang this Falkor is slick. I got bit by the new and shiny :)

There’s a retaining pin that passes through the bolt body and captures the plunger. The pin mates with the “rearward” surface of the cutout in the plunger. Basically you can try removing a little material from that back surface to allow it to protrude further out from the bolt face. May have to mess with different springs to get correct pressure as well.

Kind of a bubba gunsmith way of doing it but ejectors are cheap/easy enough to replace if it doesn’t work. I’ve done it on a few BR/Dasher Tikkas and it usually helps a lot.

Either way, probably worth a call to Falkor first to see what they suggest.