• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issues with case extraction after 3 firing.

Many people have come to this forum asking the same question, and fixed their problem using the same advice. If your brass wont fit in the chamber at the base, the base needs more sizing. A lot of times it is simply a mismatched die and chamber. I have remedied this issue just by switching dies, not even going to a small base. My 20 practical sticks at the base if I don't SB FL 223 brass that has been shot in my 223s.

Ok update. Problem solved. This is a rem 700 action sn starting in rr. There is a ramp at the top of the bolt lift on the action that mechanically breaks the brass free after fired. It didn't have any of that happening after the action was trued. Tig weld to build up ramp and machine finish. Problem solved. Apparently this is a common thing with these RR serial numbered actions after being trued.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Ok update. Problem solved. This is a rem 700 action sn starting in rr. There is a ramp at the top of the bolt lift on the action that mechanically breaks the brass free after fired. It didn't have any of that happening after the action was trued. Tig weld to build up ramp and machine finish. Problem solved. Apparently this is a common thing with these RR serial numbered actions after being trued.

So, your action basically had no primary extraction.

Its pretty common for the primary extraction timing to be off on a Remington 700, and it will certainly help pull cases out the chamber that are sticking a little. If you are getting a click at the top of bolt handle throw, where each case is getting pulled by said cam, its possible your brass is too big at the base still.

Reactions: Northern Viking