• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Issues with my pmags

Aces&Eights

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2010
Wisconsin
ANyone else have issues with their pmags? I have a home built AR made with a Milspec lower, but I really need to slam the magazine in to make it catch.

Re: Issues with my pmags

This is a first I have heard from a Pmag..

Def going to keep an eye on this one.

I think pmags will hold a total of 32 rounds...so make sure your only loading to 30.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANyone else have issues with their pmags? I have a home built AR made with a Milspec lower, but I really need to slam the magazine in to make it catch. </div></div>
How much do you weigh and do you have and body mass?

Download the Pmags to 28 rounds so you aren't putting a lot of pressure on the BCG when you load up, which may prevent the mag release from catching. That or keep the bolt open when you put in a new mag.

The only issue I have had with my Pmags is they are not falling free sometimes.

A friend of mine has an LMT he has used for an SPR build. He has trouble with his PMAGs. The rifle will function just fine with GI mags. But when he puts the PMAGs in, it becomes a bolt action and must be manually cycled regardless of how full the mags are.

I've never had any issues with any of my PMags while I was in A-stan using issued M4, or in either my RR or my Mega. They were fully loaded and engaged the catch each time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANyone else have issues with their pmags? I have a home built AR made with a Milspec lower, but I really need to slam the magazine in to make it catch. </div></div>
How much do you weigh and do you have and body mass? </div></div>

No BS iam 6'4" 220. M-A-N is not the issue.

let it be known that I have the issue even with the bolt back and mag empty. No accidental fires either. Rifle cycles fine once the mag is locked in. I m concerned I may have got mine out of a bad batch or I have been taken by knockoffs

I had problems with PMAG 30's (older style) in my UK made lower. They were a really tight fit and needed a good push and pull to move them in and out. No problems once they were in. Oddly my PMG 20's are fine and the neweer style were not quite as bad..

I've recently tried the same mags in a German made lower and they are just fine.

I put it down to my lower being out of spec.....??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a home built AR made with a Milspec lower, but I really need to slam the magazine in to make it catch. </div></div>

What allegedly "Milspec lower" is your parts gun built on?

What mfg's parts kit (or more specifically bolt catch, spring, and mag catch, botton and spring) did you use on the build?

Have you tried any other mags besides the PMAGs and if so, did you experience any problems/difficulties?

If you are concerned about your PMAGs being "knock-offs", post pics, including all mfg stamps like the month/year code, floorplate, follower, etc., but I doubt that's it.

If you have a home built lower you might not have adjusted the mag release enough. Now if the PMAG is freely going in and out just not latching try this. Push on the mag release until you see the lever / catch on the other side (by the bolt stop)extend.Pull it out and give it a few turns clockwise I believe. Let the lever / catch slide back inside the lower. Then insert an empty PMag and see if it latches any easier then repeat until it works. If the PMag is not sliding freely and is binding up then you have a mag problem or your magwell has something going on also try other mags.

Bravo co lower

gi mags and tapco mags work flawlessly. Lower kit is dpms. rr 2 stage trigger and DD BCG. Before anyone knocks my "parts gun" it is worth mentioning that it holds tight groups and has no other issues at all.

Nah Re25 you can come back and play, no need to go lol. Aces you have what I call a "Frankenrifle" and there is not a thing wrong with that as far as I am concerned,mind you this coming from a fellow gun nut. I run a Spikes Tactical with a DPMS parts kit, Troy free float extended rail and a DD barrel, topped off with Magpull grip and stock. Bravo Comp has thier stuff made most likely by Stag or Bushmaster or RR ect. With thier trademark on the side,just like the S&W MP15 Tactical, its a Stag Arms with a Samson rail lol, It's all good cause its basically all the same stuff with a few exceptions like LMT, Noveske, Spikes, POF ect.

Check that the depression in the mag is correctly indexed to the mag catch. Disassemble the mag release and insert the mag. Visualize the cutout in the mag thru the opening milled to accomodate the mag catch. This will tell you if they match. Ive had the same issue w/ a few of the 308 pmags. I used a dremel to match the cutout to the slot and it worked well.

Thanks to all. I adjusted my mag release and significantly reduced the problem... just ashamed I didn't think of it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANyone else have issues with their pmags? I have a home built AR made with a Milspec lower, but I really need to slam the magazine in to make it catch. </div></div>
How much do you weigh and do you have and body mass? </div></div>

No BS iam 6'4" 220. M-A-N is not the issue.

let it be known that I have the issue even with the bolt back and mag empty. No accidental fires either. Rifle cycles fine once the mag is locked in. I m concerned I may have got mine out of a bad batch or I have been taken by knockoffs </div></div>
Sorry my sarcasm didn't come through on that one. I was kidding.

Hey no problem glad you were able to get it fixed, now get out and shoot lol.