• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Issues with my S&B

htorano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Puerto Rico
I'm having some issues with my PMII 4-16x50. I bought this in what I thought was mil/mil. The scope performs incredibly well, and Im very happy with it. However, yesterday I went farther out than 100yds for the first time with it, and ran into some problems. Long story short, my turrets do not match the click values on the turret cap. The cap reads "1 click = 0.1 milradian". So, after 10 clicks, I expected it to to be at the "1" mark on the cap. However, it went past it by 2 line values. Hence, for it to stop at "1", I only have to click 8 times. So, when I applied my dope of 5.8 (58 clicks) at 600 yds, The turret cap showed me very close to its "7".
Now I called S&B and the person that can help me with this for sure is out of town till next week. So I figured Id post and see if any of you guys might have an idea of what's going on.

Re: Issues with my S&B

Have you run a tracking test and a box test to see what the actual movement is? This will help when you talk to them to let them know what the problem is.

Did you call the NH service center?

I havent run the test, since this happened at the range yesterday. I was able to adjust completely, after my 4th shot. Played a little with it, and its definitely 2 clicks off, though. So, after 1o clicks, it reads 12. After 20 clicks, it reads 24, and so on.

Yeah, I called the NH offices and everybody said that a gentleman named Mark was the one who could help, but , that he's on vacation till next week. I hear nothing but good things about their customer service, so Im not worried yet. But, since I have a week to think abou this, I thought Id post here and see if anyone has any idea of what the problem could be

Try the tracking test to see if possibly mil knobs were put on an MOA scope. Just an idea until Mark is back. They will take care of you.