• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issues with new Labradar iPhone App

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Still seeing this bug where after you've deleted prior series', "ghosts" of the old shot detail linger in the App and embed randomly in new shot series. The weird part is that it's correct on the SD Card, but wrong on the app. Here's an example ... (below)

Provided for informational purposes only ... not to whine ... but so that you're aware you might see this. I've informed Labradar Tech Support that this software bug persists and occurs randomly ... for me about 25% of the time. The only way I've found to completely clear this problem when it happens, is to delete and reload the iPhone App. Clearing the SD Card DOES NOT solve this problem. Refreshing the download to the App DOES NOT solve this problem. The issue is how the App incorrectly stores and deletes (or doesn't delete) old data, not how the Labradar stores data. All data on the SD Card is righteous, so that's what you should use until this is fixed by Labradar.

Hope this helps. Knowledge is Power.

Data on the SD Card for a 300-WM ladder test I did this morning ... that is correct (all velocities between 3050 and 3150):

1647637483328.png

Data from app showing a variety of speeds in the 2700's (from a prior 6.5-CM session that was deleted) ... interspersed with correct 300-WM speeds (totals are correct but detail is obviously "mixed"):

1647637703344.png
    1647637742337.png
    1647637831813.png

I'm glad the new app is way better, but regardless it's still the buggiest app I've ever used.

Whenever I delete shots (i.e. those weird shots it picks up from accidentally triggering the recoil sensor), it won't update the SD/ES for that series, or even show that the shot is deleted from the series. It isn't until I disconnect and reconnect to the LabRadar does it update my SD/ES and delete the shots.

I have since created a custom .xlsx file for load dev. which automatically takes the raw .xlsx data from the SD card (all groups in the same series) and populates it into sd/es/avg vel. graphs, separates my groups, etc. Now I just get to the range, arm the damn thing, and leave it and my phone alone. Go home, and my excel sheet does all the hard work in milliseconds.

Me too but what's left? The other chronographs on the market have even worse downsides.
    No argument there ... I've just learned to use the SD Card to pull my data. The only thing the App is good for is arming and disarming ... which isn't that big a deal if I can reach the button on the unit.

No argument there ... I've just learned to use the SD Card to pull my data. The only thing the App is good for is arming and disarming ... which isn't that big a deal if I can reach the button on the unit.

I struggle to understand how a company can even build an App that bad let alone think it is good. There is no possible they ever even used the App or involved the developer in the use of the App. They didn't beta test the App on any of the major devices on the market either. Even their spreadsheets are an illogical mess. If FA rips them off and has a half way decent App I'll switch and tell everyone how much better the ChiCom knock-off is.

I worked for a very long time, after USAF, in various tech industries but in particular core network telecom infrastructure.

It is very common for tech companies to view and treat phone apps as an easy to do little add-on resulting in a ton of shitty apps being put out.

If they are principally radar engineers (yeah EEs, mech eng, firmware eng whatever), then they just don't see a phone app as being important enough to put the same level of planning, dev, and test that they do with their principal products. They tend to look at it as an accessory that they have to put out because....well, everybody else has a phone app. The fact that it doesn't generate any revenue (free...right?) just acerbates this issue.

Some really fucking crappy apps make it to market. Sucks.

I have all the same issues. If I delete a shot it won’t change my SD/ES unless I reconnect to the unit. I sure spend a ton of time fingering my phone.
    I also don’t see anyway to arm the thing on the app when I start a new series. I push arm on the unit, then disarm on my phone, and then it shows the arm button on the app.

Reactions: racerbart
    I have all the same issues. If I delete a shot it won’t change my SD/ES unless I reconnect to the unit. I sure spend a ton of time fingering my phone.
    I also don’t see anyway to arm the thing on the app when I start a new series. I push arm on the unit, then disarm on my phone, and then it shows the arm button on the app.
    Same issue found here. Thought I was just missing something in the app. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

When the LabRadar first came out, I rush and got one. Never had a issue with it since. But after running into this thread, I never even know a app came out for it. I better just keep what I’m doing all this time. Don’t wanna try this app then try to figure shit out if it’s not working for me. I won’t be able to sleep if something’s not right.

The app definitely needs someone who knows what they’re doing to fix some issues. I shouldn’t have to rsync the chrono to get a “false shot” off my chrono numbers.

That said, I’ll take this tiny inconvenience over the magneto-speed.

Reactions: Rhed
    I have been using Labradar since the first version of the application and have never experienced such problems. The radar is easy to use. It does not need to be attached to the barrel but simply placed near the muzzle. The device can measure several parameters: initial, average, minimum velocity, and velocity on the approach of the bullet to the target up to 1000 yards. This is very important data for accurate, high-precision shooting and benchrest shooting. I had another problem. I could not register because of the pin code of the sim card. I forgot it. But https://priorityunlock.com/how-to-find-iphone-imei/ helped me out.
    Are you saying you use the "New" app, and don't see "ghost numbers" held over from previous shooting, on later firings, after you had deleted the prior information? If so, then you've got the "magic" version, because this error is remarkably consistent for the rest of us. Nobody is arguing that the Labradar is bad. Quite the contrary, most of us absolutely love it. It's the buggy new app that's chappin' our asses.

Are you saying you use the "New" app, and don't see "ghost numbers" held over from previous shooting, on later firings, after you had deleted the prior information? If so, then you've got the "magic" version, because this error is remarkably consistent for the rest of us. Nobody is arguing that the Labradar is bad. Quite the contrary, most of us absolutely love it. It's the buggy new app that's chappin' our asses.
    Pretty sure that is a rather clever link bot, does some copy/paste related to the subject then whatever barely related link they are shilling.
    There is no "registering" of the LR app, only thing he'd need the appleID for is to install it and has nothing to do with the IMEI number.

Pretty sure that is a rather clever link bot, does some copy/paste related to the subject then whatever barely related link they are shilling.
    There is no "registering" of the LR app, only thing he'd need the appleID for is to install it and has nothing to do with the IMEI number.
    Good point ... Jan-2022 registration ... only 2 posts ... obviously a Hide "poser". Should have noticed that and not wasted my time.

I'm glad the new app is way better, but regardless it's still the buggiest app I've ever used.

Whenever I delete shots (i.e. those weird shots it picks up from accidentally triggering the recoil sensor), it won't update the SD/ES for that series, or even show that the shot is deleted from the series. It isn't until I disconnect and reconnect to the LabRadar does it update my SD/ES and delete the shots.

I have since created a custom .xlsx file for load dev. which automatically takes the raw .xlsx data from the SD card (all groups in the same series) and populates it into sd/es/avg vel. graphs, separates my groups, etc. Now I just get to the range, arm the damn thing, and leave it and my phone alone. Go home, and my excel sheet does all the hard work in milliseconds.
    Experienced this exact thing with the Android app yesterday.
    Deleted a shot from a series, it changed it on the radar but didn't alter the averages or even shot total on the app until I disconnected and reconnected the app from the Labradar. Annoying to say the least.

Experienced this exact thing with the Android app yesterday.
    Deleted a shot from a series, it changed it on the radar but didn't alter the averages or even shot total on the app until I disconnected and reconnected the app from the Labradar. Annoying to say the least.
    Yup ... that's a bad bug. The worse bug is when shots from deleted series, randomly show up in future series. How bugs like this get through any reasonable software QA effort ... is just beyond my comprehension. AND ... what's even worse is that these bugs continue without being quickly fixed with a maintenance release of the app. It's like ... "HELLOoooo - is anybody home?"

Reactions: max1840
    Emailed support over the shot deletion bug, phantom weight and shots added to other series and still iffy Bluetooth connections.
    They did respond the next day stating they are looking into all of them but have no ETA for them.
    Their main focus at the moment are the Bluetooth issues, even sent me a beta Firmware 1.3.2, given current is 1.2.7 means they are doing things just not as visible or as fast as we'd like.

Even with latest firmware, v1.3.3, the Labradar iOS app still works like warm sh&t!

Their latest updates apparently ignored all of the aforementioned iOS issues.

Even with latest firmware, v1.3.3, the Labradar iOS app still works like warm sh&t!

Their latest updates apparently ignored all of the aforementioned iOS issues.
    Shocking. I'm shocked. SHOCKED. Can you see the shock oozing from my pores?