• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision It’s coming...

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    957E4FE0-01B5-4231-AF9A-97BAE0CF1044.png

User’s Manual (in Kraut and English)

NUC on objective cover closing. That’s sweet.

High for core screen resolution. That’s sweet.

Oled Display. Siiihk.

10hrs on 4x CR123. That’s sweet.

Pricing. Not Xii expensive, not Pulsar cheap. That’s sweet.

3-4x optimal magnification. Most usable range for 99% of people. That’s cool. Would like 8x, but all good....

NUC on objective cover closing. That’s sweet.

High for core screen resolution. That’s sweet.

Oled Display. Siiihk.

10hrs on 4x CR123. That’s sweet.

Pricing. Not Xii expensive, not Pulsar cheap. That’s sweet.

3-4x optimal magnification. Most usable range for 99% of people. That’s cool. Would like 8x, but all good....

See my post above regarding the max day optic magnification. German KSK .MIL guys have been testing them with their SB 3-20 PMII Ultra Shorts with what they describe as very good results at 10-12x and out to 1,000 meters. It was originally designed for Elcans, but they're using it at much higher magnifications (which is why I've been hunting for a PMII Ultra Short on the PX).

We'll know soon enough. :giggle:

So, is this a prism clip on, or one you have to calibrate yourself. The instructions kind of suggest the latter.

Oh, I saw someone above said $3k. I looked but may have missed pricing. At $12k I’m going to go back to being poor 😜
    $3k is likely what it costs them to make it, and sell it in large numbers. Not so sure the civilian market is a large enough number (the quantity needed) to get that low though....

TRANSLATION: The TigIR-6M was first presented to a larger military audience at the Night Vision and Surveillance Equipment (NVSE) Conference in Copenhagen. It was tested very successfully on various NATO weapons up to caliber .50 on targets up to 600m. Despite its short length of only 11cm at 100m, the TigIR achieves a precision in the sub-MOA range.

Sounds very much like a UTC competitor. I’m dying to get this damn thing. Paid in full for it way over a month ago and I’m just here clutching my pearls hoping it clears the EU version of ITAR.

Because it has the Mystical, Magical Letter “M” in its name — for “Military” — and because it has a Pic rail mount and a scary “reticle” — to our limp-wristed EU counterparts it suddenly becomes an apocalyptic weapon of doom in civilian hands and can only be trusted in the hands of the King’s Men.

:mad:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nik H
    Nice,
    "
    NEW – TigIR thermal clip-on in extremely short design –
    The shortest and lightest thermal imaging clip-on with 3000m range.

Until now the TIMRO-X was the smallest thermal imaging scope for short distances. Now the TigIR is currently the lightest and shortest clip-on thermal device with 55 mm optics. No other device with such a short overall length of only 111mm achieves a range (standing man) of 3000m. These small dimensions could only be achieved by developing a specially folded ocular optic. This makes it possible to use the device in front of different scopes (3-6x) etc. without loss of quality. Since the entire housing is made of highly robust aluminium and the objective is athermal, the TigIR™ has outstanding precision even under extreme temperature conditions. The housing surface is hard anodized and coated with Cerakote. The TigIR™ can resist even hard impacts in a rough environment, but is not heavier than 500 g/17,6 oz and therefore lighter than any other comparable device.

The TigIR, like all our thermal imaging devices, was developed and is produced in Berlin. We would be pleased to advise you by phone or on site."

Not sure if it's the picture being compressed, but that doesn't resolve anywhere close to the UTCxii. Could be thermal conditions; we all know how that goes.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s not a representative image. If it is, you will read about my suicide on the Obituaries page. 😛

I know a dude who has both a UTC-X and a TigIR. He says his UTC hasn’t left his safe since the TigIR arrived.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s not a representative image. If it is, you will read about my suicide on the Obituaries page. 😛

I know a dude who has both a UTC-X and a TigIR. He says his UTC hasn’t left his safe since the TigIR arrived.
    A 6z or 6m? I heard you can buy an eratac mount for the 6z and it's basically the same thing? I really want to try one out before pulling the trigger.

A 6z or 6m? I heard you can buy an eratac mount for the 6z and it's basically the same thing? I really want to try one out before pulling the trigger.

There are a few notable differences between the Z and the M, but the sensor and display are the same, so those differences might not be crucial to some. I have been given the impression that it’s not possible to mount a rail grabber / EraTac to the Z.

There are a few notable differences between the Z and the M, but the sensor and display are the same, so those differences might not be crucial to some. I have been given the impression that it’s not possible to mount a rail grabber / EraTac to the Z.
    That is not the impression I have at all. What do you understand the differences to be? I've been told housing material is one? But I think both are aluminum, just different kinds (not sure of this at all). Didn't know of any other potential differences.

Pretty sure I've gone past my Amex charge dispute window by now.

I'll ping hit them with my weekly ping tomorrow. I have that restless, uneasy feeling. Gonna go on walkabout.

Damn dude

What avenues does a person have in a situation like this with something being tied up across the pond on a big item?

It’s (finally) here.

Nearly 5 months after dropping $12K, this just arrived today — our first day back from Kenya.

Ordered/Paid-in-Full: AUG-2020.
    Arrived: JAN-2021

Will report tomorrow night after I’ve had some time comparing it to the UTC-Xii.

1942EF87-059F-402D-AA12-CD514E3DDD4C.jpeg

61E0A558-9708-4B09-9C69-E8A6F01F79C1.jpeg

A869DB72-D473-4770-B1D6-8CA125305BC9.jpeg

C41E377D-72A3-4777-A2DA-09F7434F47F4.jpeg

180B89E9-FDE6-4A37-B5A8-3294940133C7.jpeg

353C0D7E-1930-4E41-8F72-904A4F644DA8.jpeg

2E109EC5-E1BD-4EFD-B202-4B2D023983CF.jpeg

E1774CBD-9189-42C2-BE17-EDB6A49B577B.jpeg

To be clear, TigIR is pronounced like the character from Winnie the Pooh correct?

I dunno, but any self-respecting American sure as hell would. :love:

I don't think this one was made for bouncing, though.

Whoa... I think I’m in love!

This thing has some seriously N.I.C.E. features:

1) Flip-up/down objective cover also turns unit on/off (no buttons)!
    2) TigIR has internal shutter/NUC!!! AND, it’s virtually silent and super-fast!
    3) Based upon VERY premature observations, the display looks just a hair nicer than the UTC.
    4) Built like a tank.
    5) Love the ERA-TAC mount.
    6) Kit comes with multiple different mount height adapters. 1.35-1.95” (give or take) and everything in between!
    7) Crazy number of color pallet selection. I can immediately see where “Hottest” will be my new favorite pallet (I’ve been a lifelong die hard black/white hot devotee... until today!)

LOTS more to come!!!

Hi,

Please send me the rental contract, lol....I have a photoshoot coming up for our new website and need to borrow this.
    Figured you waited that long to get it that you should not mind it being gone for 4 or 5 days.
    I can test to see if their advertised magnification combination can be surpassed :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

Whoa... I think I’m in love!

This thing has some seriously N.I.C.E. features:

1) Flip-up/down objective cover also turns unit on/off (no buttons)!
    2) TigIR has internal shutter/NUC!!! AND, it’s virtually silent and super-fast!
    3) Based upon VERY premature observations, the display looks just a hair nicer than the UTC.
    4) Built like a tank.
    5) Love the ERA-TAC mount.
    6) Kit comes with multiple different mount height adapters. 1.35-1.95” (give or take) and everything in between!
    7) Crazy number of color pallet selection. I can immediately see where “Hottest” will be my new favorite pallet (I’ve been a lifelong die hard black/white hot devotee... until today!)

LOTS more to come!!!
    Who's going to get them in stock?

Who's going to get them in stock?
    Well we were going to order 5 but I think all of those are spoken for so I may be bumping that order to 10. No one has these in stock right now and there’s only going to be a couple places to get them and fortunately we’re one of those places. Let me know if you want in on the order pal.

Jay

Hi,

Please send me the rental contract, lol....I have a photoshoot coming up for our new website and need to borrow this.
    Figured you waited that long to get it that you should not mind it being gone for 4 or 5 days.
    I can test to see if their advertised magnification combination can be surpassed :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

I'm getting 12x, no problem. This is all super-new, so nothing etched in stone yet, but I think 12x on the Tig is a smidge better than 12x on the UTC.