• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

It appears there is not alot of love here for the B&C Medalist 5

apf383

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2013
Being new to the bolt action platform I'm looking into a replacement stock for my new Rem 700 AAC-SD. It appears there is not much love for the B&C Medalist 5 with the adjustable comb? From what I understand they are aluminum bedded from behind the action up to the front of the forearm. Seems like something that might suit my needs for a reasonable 450.00 ish. Comments asnyone? Thanks.

I don't have that particular model, but I do have the B&C light tactical with a non-adjustable comb for my AAC-SD and I'm very happy with it. It's very stiff and does have the full length aluminum bedding block. I don't know if it was necessary but I skim bedded the action with Acraglas to ensure a really solid fit. Fit and finish isn't as nice as a McMillan but I painted it anyway so I didn't really care. I think they are a very good value.

They are damn nice stocks. I have a couple of them myself. I dont use them for my comp rifles because they are a little bulky and I dont care for the forearm on them but they are very nice stocks for the $500.00 price range.

I just rebarreled my AAC-SD & put it into a XLR Carbon chassis but I really liked my B&C adjustable medalist, all the hardware was quality.

The forend is the problem, it's like a 4x4. The light tactical and HS precision take offs for half the money have a much more usable forend. Also for the price of the A5 your only a couple hundred away from a chassis system with DBM and all.

There ain't anything wrong with a B&C and I see them recommended regularly. I however have a pure concentrated hatred of them simply because the Medalist is 'ugly.'

Mcmillan has a couple with tall fore arms. No one finds it necessary to critisize the A-2 and A-4.
If the stock fits you it is a bargain at twice the price. They are very well made.

I love mine!! I like how I can move my recoil pad up and down which helps cause I have a separated shoulder. And it feels good!

I have a few as well (m40, the alaskan one, and medalist) they work great for me... The function is there to make a good shooter rifle but the fit finish is not to par of the MCM stuff...

Thanks for all the input. Does the Medalist 5 require any bedding, or is it a pretty much drop and torque the action and go? Thanks again.

For just a little bit more money you can get a Manners or McMillan, which are the stocks used by many of the high end rifle builders you will find are frequently referred to on this forum. Manners and McMillan offer styles with more appealing aesthetics, and they will often be made to your specific specs. Also, if you are into a chassis system, they don't cost too much more than a B&C that has a professionally installed detachable mag feeding system.

B&C would sell a shitload more Medalists stocks if they supported the Savage Long Action...its just inletting stupid...

Respectfully;
If' its just inletting, stupid', why are all the stock makers backed up half a year?
Months at minimum.
Not everything is so easy.

ETA;
Savage owners should not feel left out. Savage has attempted to deliver rifles with stock upgrades. Market will 'pull this up'. It takes time and these are times indeed.

Last edited:
Respectfully;
If' its just inletting, stupid', why are all the stock makers backed up half a year?
Months at minimum.
Not everything is so easy.

ETA;
Savage owners should not feel left out. Savage has attempted to deliver rifles with stock upgrades. Market will 'pull this up'. It takes time and these are times indeed.

Stock makers are backed up due to demand...demand for tactical stocks, good after market stocks from McMillan, H&S, B&C and Manners have been back logged like this for YEARS, this is not the AR15 PARTS, MAGAZINE AND GENERAL AMMUNITION CLUSTER FUCK we saw because of Sandy Hook this year...I waited 6 months for a McMillan before many on this board were BORN...perhaps now that McMillan has been sold someone will invest in expanding production capability. Its been this way for decades...if McMillan starts cranking out MORE stocks and gets MORE market share because of it maybe the others will wake up and invest as well...in this day and age of CNC production there is no reason we should have to wait for high quality after market stocks for 6-12 months or have such a popular model as the 110 neglected...simply look to the Evil Empire Carbon Fibre Stocks thread...here is an start up company in Russia willing to listen to customer demand and act accordingly...

I'm just saying that if they inletted for LONG ACTION SAVAGES in the Tactical Medalist like they do for the 700 clones then they'd sell a shitload more stocks...and IT IS SIMPLY INLETTING...if the same stock blank can be inletted for a short or long action say in the Remington 700 and in the Savage 10/110 then it is simply applying the inletting configs to that stock...B&C already inlet for Savage long actions...they have the inletting configs already in the CNC machines...they make almost all their other stock models with a Savage long action option EXCEPT the Tactical Medalist...I along with I know DOZENS, maybe a hundred or more LA owners contacted B&C a year or two ago asking them to start inletting the Tactical Medalist for Savage LA...I personally sent in 3 emails and a couple of contacts via their web site. they refused to even acknowledge our requests...I spoke to 3 different people on the phone and got three completely different answers as to why they couldn't/wouldn't do it...if you've for a Savage LA and want to use a Medalist Tactical...your out of luck...

Last edited:
Capt, perhaps you could get them to supply an unfinished stock and have Alex at Master Class Stocks or Phoenix inlet. Lots of Inletting options.
Not as convenient.... I'm hearin ya..